“Local Staple”

Chang Garden
Ranked #36 of 163 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery
Description: They also have a location in Weston, WI. A google search for 'chang garden wausau' brings up a number of results pointing towards their map location as well as listings on urbanspoon and yelp.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I generally eat at the Weston location but had the occation to eat downtown for lunch. My entree was a selection of Sushi that was very fresh ( thawed flash frozen which is standard here) and well presented. I'm not familiar with the chef but everthing came together nicely. The service was great and everything was served at the right pace. Good experience overall.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been here a few times over the years since this place has opened. It seems as though every time I go back the food gets a little worse off. I only say this because the sushi I have had in the past was really fresh and really good, but when I was there last week the sushi I had was tasteless and a weird rubbery texture. The tempura roll was overly cooked and the shrimp inside was all rubbery and had no taste and it wasn't as spicy as I though it would have been. The other roll I had was mostly cream cheese and not enough anything else in it. I was even there at a strange time...meaning I was there before dinner hours so it was slow and food should have been just freshly prepped for the dinner hours, but still it wasn't the best I've had so far there.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Went for a retirement lunch for a co-worker. Lunch was excellent, and prices weren't too bad. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I get take out from Chang often and they do a nice job. My only suggestion is to include the soup in the lunch for take out. It is only offered for dine in. The amountof food is good without being to much.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited on a Wednesday noon with a business colleague. When we entered, I was immediately impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the restaurant. The host was exceptionally friendly and directed us to our table with sushi menus and luncheon menu. We each ordered a luncheon special which came with choice of soup, choice of steamed or fried rice, and egg roll. The food was delicious. The portion sizes were not huge-perfect for lunch. Service and atmosphere were nice too! I would definately go there again!

Been to Chang Garden? Share your experiences!