All reviews texas roadhouse room was clean no elevator level hotel making things right routine maintenance motorcycle ride waffle maker strip mall eating places freeway side large bathroom looked clean hot tub hotel breakfast shopping and restaurants conference room
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a three day weekend in October. We had our young granddaughters with us and it was perfect. The common areas and our room were very clean. The staff were pleasant with us and went out of their way to chat with the girls. The pool is small and was perfect for younger kids. The breakfast area is cheerful and the food was fine for a hotel breakfast.
We will use this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
N P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you Jackiegh for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all departments as we strive for excellence!
We appreciate your bisiness, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 19, 2017

The room was neat and clean with a contemporary style which I like. I did not go to the pool as I was alone in this beautiful room!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! Happy to hear that you loved our new contemporary look of our rooms! Thank you for choosing the Wausau Days Inn & Suites!

Reviewed October 5, 2017

We were in Wausau for a funeral. So the reservations were made on short notice, and needed to be adjusted as plans developed. I made the reservation online, but I called the hotel to make the changes. The staff was outstanding. They permitted an early check in when a room was available. They were very supportive, and helpful.

The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The continental breakfast is well stocked and more than adequate for our needs. The location is an easy on/off of Hwy 39-51-29 which is very convenient. There are a number of eating places an easy walk away.

Days Inn Wausau is a very good value location with an exceptional staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Thank you KBB51 for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all departments as we strive for excellence!
We appreciate your bisiness, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

My recent stay at Days Inn & Suites in Wausau, WI ended up being a disaster. I had stayed there the week prior on business and found the hotel to be acceptable. It was clean and updated and a good value.

The following week I was back again on business, and all went fine again with my stay. The following day, however, I received a call from the front desk clerk stating that the “bed scarf” was missing. I explained that I had seen it, and tossed it to the side of the bed. She was going to check again with housekeeping and with the manager. I received 2 more calls from her saying that it hadn’t been found, and they would be charging me $90 for it. I then asked to speak to the manager. He was not available, and they would not give me a direct number for him, so I left a message. When he called back the following day, he left me a voicemail. His tone was very accusatory and condescending. He said if I liked the scarf so much, I could keep it, but would be charged $90. But, if I decided to send it back he would refund it. He also accused me of lying about my check in time. When I was finally able to speak directly to him, he still accused me of taking it, and stated that I was the last one in the room. He refused to even entertain the thought that his staff may have taken it.

The hotel is a nice enough place but at what cost??? $90 for something I don’t have, nor would I want? The treatment I received was abhorrent. I don’t know what kind of a scam they are running, but STAY FAR AWAY!

I did speak to the corporate office and they treated me much better. They were surprised at the treatment I received. Hopefully they will make things right.

UPDATE: I followed up with the corporate office and they had reached out to the manager and he had stated that I admitted to taking the bed scarf and had sent it back. That was an outright lie! They did refund the $90.

And then the manager responded to my complaint on Trip Advisor with the following:

N P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this review Responded 6 days ago
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your acknowledging our phone call and returning the bed cover that you accidentally packed with your personal items upon departing from the hotel.

(I never took, nor returned the bed scarf). I honestly don’t know if the manager is running some sort of a scam, or just covering his butt with corporate. I just want you to know what kind of a person you are dealing with if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business