“Great stay at a great price”

Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed at this property for one night and have to say it has to be among the cleanest places we've stayed in a long time. Staff was very friendly the entire time. We had a room in the back of the hotel and the snowplows were running all night, but we did not find it to be particularly noisy. In fact, I would suggest a room in the back due to the proximity to the Texas Roadhouse and other retail storefronts nearby. Nice pool and hot tub area.

I would also like to thank the hotel for including fruit and hard boiled eggs in the breakfast. My daughter is gluten-intolerant and we often find that there is nothing in a hotel breakfast buffet that she can eat, so we eat and then have to stop and buy her something. The morning we were there the Days Inn also had the waffle maker and sausage gravy with biscuits, which I was happy to eat.

I definitely recommend this property as a great stopover if you are in Wausau.

Room Tip: We preferred the room overlooking the freeway just to stay away from the traffic and large parking a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We used Wausau as a final airline destination on a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, to visit family members. On the way there, we booked Hampton Inn Wasusau, which was quite nice but WAY overpriced at $128 plus taxes, with only a 5% discount for AAA. On the way back, we stayed instead at Days Inn Rib Mountain instead, at less than half the price of Hampton. It was just as good, and is closer to the airport. We would definitely choose it for our next trip to the area. The pool/spa was clean and well maintained, with no users but me that day. WiFi worked fine and there were plenty of power outlets at the desk (often a problem elsewhere). Very good continental breakfast with some hot items, but I could not find a way to make or get hot water for the oatmeal. The TV was not flat screen, but worked fine. No HBO.. a minor drawback. No problem with the bed or pillows that some have mentioned, and I am a fussy sleeper. There is a Texas Roadhouse, McDonalds and Starbucks less than a block away. If you have time to kill in Wausau, I recommend the free Art Museum in a residential area near downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed one night. Arrived, slept, showered, ate free contl brkfast and left with money in my pocket. A great value for $58 2 Qu beds and a frig. Didn't use the pool but there is one. All staff were friendly and helpful. Lousy pillows, bed ok. Room and bathroom clean with basic amenities provided, including an iron & board and a locking safe. Downside was the noise from the adjacent freeway. Ask for a room in the front of the hotel it maybe quieter there, back side is along freeway. I would stay again if I had need to in Wausau.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the FRONT of the hotel, backside along the freeway, a little noisy in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We found this place to be clean and welcoming. The lobby was bright and there was a staff person ready nearby when needed. The rooms were clean and basic. Bed was okay, pillows a bit lumpy. Temperature in the room was adjustable. Nice chair and desk, mini fridge.Wireless available as well as a computer in the lobby. Breakfast included waffles, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, juices. The price was great. You certainly get what you pay for. Nearby, there is a gas station, steak restaurant, Mexican restaurant. Close by to other eateries. Not really a great vacation destination, but a decent place to get a good night's sleep and a breakfast at a bargain price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LocaLola24
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn & Suites of Wausau. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We truly strive to provide the best service, cleanest rooms, and warmest hospitality.

We hope to see you again!

Nick Patel

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Just had a one night stay & everything was excellent! Easy check-in, comfortable & quiet room, great water pressure and nice breakfast too. Hard boiled eggs, waffle maker is a nice touch. Staff were all nice too! Best deal in the area. Whenever in area, will make it top choice!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

To say that your experience was wonderful is a true compliment to all of our team. I truly thank you for noticing and taking the time to let everyone else know about it. Thank You. Nick Patel

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I found this hotel based on previous tripadvisor reviews.. I found it as others have mentioned. Very clean and a great value. I recoommended it recently to other family members who were passing through Wausau.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

I am glad that you were able to stay with us while visiting the Wausau, we appreciate you preferring Days Inn & Suites over any other brands. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations each and every time. I am pleased that we were able to exceed yours. If your travels bring you back to the area, I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is the best hotel value I have seen in a long time. Clean rooms, comfortable beds , nice pool, great staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

I truly appreciate you pointing out all of the great things you noticed, from the friendliness of the staff to the comfort of your beds. We truly try and go above and beyond for every guest and we obviously did in your case. I hope that when you travel down to Wausau area again you choose to stay with us. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 11 in Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau

Been to Days Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!