“Over cooked & disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #22 of 159 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Wisconsin
“Over cooked & disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Typically I don't walk away from Olive Garden disappointed, but this time the meal was over cooked noodles and not so great. The best thing I had was the Italian soda. The server was attentive but unfortunately if you don't have good food the place is sunk. I don't think I would go back to this Olive Garden.

Visited March 2014

Moncton, Canada
“Great Lunch treat while visitin Wisconsin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I recently went back to my hometown of Merrill to visit my family. We had to make sure to visit one of our favorite restaurants while we were there! My husband, my mom, and I went to Wausau on errands and stopped for lunch at Olive Garden. My husband got the Stuffed Chicken Marsala, I had Chicken, Bacon, and Shrimp Carbonara, and Mom had the Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks. LOVE the breadsticks and Salad! Both of the entrees were delicious and very filling. Our server, Noah B. was very attentive and friendly. All of the staff were smiling and very friendly. Would definitely recommend this Olive Garden to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
Wausau, Wisconsin
“What a mess!! Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went here with my wife for a night out, did not see managers walking around or helping servers because they sat in the bar area and watched the football game the entire time we were their!!! The server was helpful as much as she could be but noticed another table of a couple who had been sitting for 15 minutes with their waitress no where to be found! Very poor leadership skills here! The select few servers that were actually working were very over whelmed and busy due to lack of help/communication from their own managers!! Food was ok took a bit. Will not go back until new managers are hired!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Take Out Food Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've eaten at Olive Gardens all over the United States. My wife's favorite restaurant. But we never had take out from them. Thought we'd give it a try as we didn't want to eat in. What a pleasant experience. Food was ready on time. On-line menu did help in ordering. When we got home we found two huge salads with croutons and dressing separate. Bread sticks. Two very nice entrees. I'd certainly do this again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

What we've come to expect from Olive Garden. Good food, large portions, and good service. The location was convienent to the hotel and we were seated quickly even on a busy night.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank nursetraveler87

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!