“Love Peking Whenever We Visit Wausau”

Peking Chinese and American Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've been to Peking several times over the years, and am never disappointed. Its great Chinese food in a very nice restaurant. I enjoy the throwback vibe of this classic old hotel. Will always make a visit whenever in town and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. Super friendly staff as well.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been dining at the Peking Restaurant since it opened. Most of my dining is for lunch, but I have enjoyed evening meals both dining in and taking out. The food is excellent. Local companies hosting visitors from Asian countries bring their guests to the Peking, to very positive reviews. As an aside, the mixed drink and wine serving portion are generous.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a place where you can get a quick oriental lunch that can't be beat, The lunch menu is somewhat limited which allows you to get in and out as quick as you may need. If you want to take a leisurely lunch, that is fine too.

1  Thank Northern-WI-charle
Reviewed January 2, 2014

What a beautiful atmosphere here! We were told that the main dining area was a ballroom from the 1920's. The food was great, although we didn't get too adventurous in our ordering (3/4 of us had some type of fried rice for our meal!). We had made reservations for 7:30 and were seated promptly. A few disappointments we had: upon entering the restaurant, we saw a giant fold up, hand-written sign proclaiming the drink special of the night was a variety of mojitos. Several different types of these were ordered by our group, but our waiter returned to tell us they were out of mint leaves and no mojitos were available. I told him someone should take down the sign advertising these and he laughed. I told him I wasn't kidding; when we left, the sign was still there. There appeared to be lots of staff plus a couple people greeting by the door and someone who takes you to your table; surely between our waiter and the rest of the staff someone could have folded up the sign and put it away. Oh well. Anyway, we asked for lemons with our waters. The waiter remembered this after we were just about done eating. The rice for my husband's dinner was forgotten. The food was boxed up incorrectly. Even if it were that busy, the waiter appeared never to be in a rush, so more time could have been taken to get things right for us. Oh well. We can always request a different waiter next time. The food and atmosphere were great, and we had wonderful company. Plus it was New Year's Eve! We still had a blast!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Chinese at its best, a must try if you are a fan!!!!! The dinning room has been maintained to hold the true value of what I believe used to be an old ballroom. They will typically have a piano player, playing in the corner of the dinning room which is enjoyable. They have fantastic wines and spirits to choose from, and the staff is always friendly.