“Best Mexican in the area”

El Tequila Salsa Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This might be a newer restaurant as the last time I was through two years ago this "strip mall" didn't exist and neither did the gas station next to it!
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Service is great! Wide variety on the menu and the food is not a disappointment.

There are newer reviews for El Tequila Salsa Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband & I stopped in on a Sunday night..it was around 9:30pm & they said they were still open & we could still order food. The bartender, Luke, was very personable & had a lot of suggestions as to what to try off of the menu. We sat at the bar & ordered some beer. The place is nicely decorated & very clean. It was a relaxing atmosphere. We were served complimentary chips & salsa with a side of cheese sauce. Amazing!!! We could've ate just that & would've been satisfied! The salsa was fresh & loaded with cilantro (which we LOVE!). The chips appeared to be homemade & were crispy & lightly salted. The cheese sauce...to die for!! I would love to put that on top of everything!!! lol! My husband ordered the Fajitas Diego..he combined chicken & steak for the meat & it also contained fried onions & bacon. They were served with your choice or flour or corn tortillas. He said it was the best Mexican food he has ever had. I ordered the Burrito Loco (which was HUGE). Had to box about half of it. It was a flour toritlla stuffed full of shredded chicken (had your choice of chicken or beef). It was then topped with some of that fantastic cheese sauce (YUM!). You could also choose the authentic red sauce or the green sauce as well, but as I stated, the cheese sauce...I could not pass on. Both entree's were served with a side of rice & beans which was also delicious!! The prices were reasonable as well. We will definetely be back. Whenever we're craving Mexican food, this will be the place we go to. We would highly recommend this place. Great food & great service. Not a single complaint from us.

1  Thank 2SlipperyEels
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Salsa is disgusting. I am surprised they call it salsa; it tastes like canned tomatoes with a few sprigs of cilantro. Food is not that great, but I guess if you are in Wisconsin, this is the best you can do.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We ate at El Tequilla on a Saturday night and the place was pretty empty. They were setting up for their Salsa night and the DJ kept bringing equipment in the door right next to our table, so cold air kept blowing on us. He was also sound checking his equipment, playing with his disco lights, and blasting parts of songs at nightclub levels right next to us while we were eating which was a bit of an annoyance. I guess it's our fault for having dinner on the later side on a Saturday. As far as the food is concerned it was very good. They have an extensive menu with fair prices. My wife and I both had Fajitas, which were very good. They gave us free wueso dip with our chips too, which was nice since they charge $4 or $5 for it on the menu. The drink menu was just as extensive and the prices for beers and margaritas was very fair. Overall I really liked the restaurant and would only suggest to go a little earlier before the place turns into a salsa club.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Cute little place with great atmosphere and great food

Been to El Tequila Salsa Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!