“Excellent food and service”

The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co. Wausau
Ranked #6 of 161 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

While in Wausau for business we went to Great Dane Pub for dinner. Our waitress was very friendly and fast. I wanted to try all the WI favorites, we ordered the cheese curds, Mac and Cheese I suggest adding bacon to it and the hamburger/brat burger on the pretzel bun. I could only eat half. I also tried a few of their local brews however my favorite was their Beerhito. We finished off the dinner with a slice of the apple pie. Everything was wonderful and I even bought a pint glass to bring home with me. I would return here if I am ever in Wausau again.

• Visited August 2013

Augusta, Wisconsin
“Great place for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped there on the way home for lunch. It was a nice stop. Huge place. It was nice outside so we ate out on the deck. I had the Reuben and my husband had the Black and Tan burger. Both great choices. Fast service and very pleasant!

Visited August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“When You Want No Nonsense Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Some may like the micro-brewery beers here. I personally like their Great Dane Burgers, and Cod dinners.

No matter what you select, it's consistent, and good.

If you're looking for great ambiance, and at times a place that really livens up, come here. I do caution you, Friday evenings this place gets packed because it’s a great place—so plan early, due to the wait times.

Visited July 2013
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food was great, service was great, facility was in top shape. Food came quick and was great. Offered much different menu options, looked like they paid attention to the ingredients. Bar area was great after eating.

Visited July 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very accomodating to our large group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

As our entire group was from the Madison area, we were thrilled to have the Great Dane Pub right next to our hotel. Part of the group visited Friday night for dinner and stayed for the live music on the patio. Our entire group visited Saturday afternoon for appetizers, sandwiches, beverages between our daughters' softball games.

We all walked in and the staff didn't bat an eye - they seated us, let the girls (16-17 year olds) have their own tables, and coordinated orders between the girls and their respective parents, created separate checks for each family and did not add a tip, but allowed us to add our own. (Which is probably a better deal for the servers, as 18% is usually added and I know we all tipped at least 20%.)

Food was delivered quickly and correctly at our end of the table. Did not hear complaints from anyone, so will assume everyone was happy with their selection.

The menu is varied, so there is something for everyone in a large group. As it was "between meal" time, we ordered the white cheddar cheese curds and the big soft pretzel. Both were just fine. We have eaten at several of the locations in Madison and have always been pleased with the food and service.

• Visited July 2013