“Good Service, Good Food, Good choice”

Red Eye Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Artisan food & craft beer. We feature our daily chef's menu to compliment our full menu that sources local farms and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you are in the downtown Wausau area, this is a good place to stop for dinner. Service was very good. Waitress was helpful and knowledgeable. Food was excellent. They had a nice variety of brews at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was so excited to try this restraint everyone has been buzzing about, but I left disappointed, hungry and pockets a little lighter. I ordered the muffaletta. Not the version I am used to, maybe more fitting for someone else's taste. It was served as a warm sandwich rather then warm bread and cold meats, like the traditional, it made me feel like I was eating a greasy sandwich with a poor choice of bun. I took maybe two bites.
My mother ordered the pizza. Looked great tasted so, so. it may have been a crispy crust when they took it out of the brick oven, but the bottom was wimpy by the time we got it, not even able to stay in the form of a slice when held. Overall fun inviting atmosphere, love the natural light, maybe I will give it a second chance some time, then again maybe not.

1  Thank Nuskiewicz
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The sausage pizza was incredible - the crust and the sausage were the best we have ever had. Our waitress - Mary - was also great! She was attentive, prompt and warm. Heck, she saw my kids making origami and taught them how to make an origami frog that jumped when you pressed on it. Thanks Mary! We will go back when in Wausau next.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Accurate prior reviews, food is great. Prices reasonable. Not a young child restaurant, but we have 12 yr old and good for early dinner. Great windows, clean feeling. Staff friendly and welcoming. Jenna was our server, very bubbly and attentive. Good experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We found this spot via Trip Advisor and as usual the reviews were spot on. This place was filled with energy, the food and the beer were great. PLEASE get the hummus plate. It was excellent. The pita was warm and the hummus was delicious. We goofed on the pizza order though. However, the crust was amazing. This is truly the mark of a good pizza. The service was friendly and fast even with a packed house. We will remember this spot for stopping points between Madison and the North woods.