“Mixed feelings”

City Grill
Ranked #7 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The City Grill is where you can get a good steak but don't need to dress up to eat it. Housed in the beautiful downtown Wausau, it's a revolving door of locals seeking fine dining in a trendy atmosphere decorated in local art. The City Grill hosts live music once a week and is a great place to take a date, meet friends for appetizers or just watch the game with friends. And while the fillets and martinis taste top dollar, we promise they won't empty your pocketbook. In addition, City Grill offers banquet facilities, located on the 2nd floor of building. Our professional planners will help you choose the hall to accommodate your guests and will help you plan a personalized reception or meeting. Whether hosting 2 guests or 400, the City Grill & Jefferson Street Inn is the perfect venue for corporate events, board retreats, holiday parties, rehearsal dinners, showers, gift openings and brunches. Our personalized service ensures that every detail is carried out according to your specific taste and style.
Chicago, Illinois
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went with our family (2 adults, 2 children age 8 and 10). Service was very friendly, our Poached Pear Salad was really good, my Balsamic Bruchetta was great as well. My daughter loved the pasta carbonara, but my husband didn't like his gorgonzola NY strip. The inside was hot but the outside cold, which was weird considering that it was served rare.

• Visited January 2013

Rothschild, Wisconsin
“Excellent downtown dining”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have to say since the new chef has started, the food here has been outstanding. Recently was in for a birthday celebration and was not disappointed, nor were my dining companions. Can't wait to go back.

Visited December 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
“filet mignon mmmmmmmmmh good”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It was like butter, I want to eat here every night. Add in the one of the best Manhattans I have ever had this was just a win win dinner, looking forward to going back and checking out a comedy night .

Visited November 2012
Fish Creek, WI
“Great food,”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great resturant. Love their food. Everyone in my group who ordered was most impressed. Wish I were in Wausau now, getting hungry just thinking of the lunch i had there a few weeks ago. I am comming back!

Visited September 2012
Evanston, Illinois
“Don't”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Despite good reviews, my burger was tasteless, my daughters risotto was tasteless and the fish fry was over breaded and not as good as Custer's fried cod. It's not deserving of these positive reviews. It's a hotel restaurant at best.

2 Thank BJ J