“Trip to Wausau”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Nick P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Guy at front desk was unbelievably rude and unhelpful. I have never been treated so badly at a hotel. It was my daughters birthday the night we stayed and the front desk guy actually made her cry by saying rude, mean things. She is 12!!! When we complained to the manager the next day I found out where he learned how to treat customers. The manager was actually worse than the guy on that night. He even accused me of lying about what had happened!!!

I phoned super 8's head office to complain, they seemed very helpful and apologetic but they also said something would be done about it then they would let me know within 14 days. I have never heard back from them so I am assuming that it is just what they do to get you go away.

I will never ever stay at any Super 8 again. Not such a super experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GoodbyeSnow

I apologize for the lack of empathy and appreciate your prompt notification of the problem. The intention was never to have the guest feel that the apology was insincere and made to feel like the situation was not important. Our pride has been that we strive to go beyond our guest's expectations and clearly we did not fulfill that in this situation.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel in the past, however this time was nothing like those! The service was not good at all! The man at the desk during check in was rude, talked down to me, and even laughed at us. My husband had booked a room for my son and I and payed online. When I got to the hotel I was told the room was only held with that cc, and I needed to pay at the desk. I had my husbands card with and they wouldnt take it! He laughed and was rude about the hole situation. I used their policy of needing the person to be present to use their card, but this man was so rude about the hole situation and even told my son "your mom can't pay"!! So disappointed!! skip this hotel, not worth the head ache!

1  Thank B M
Nick P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear nina y,

Thank you for choosing the Super8 Wausau on your last visit to Wausau.
I sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies in the quality of our service throughout your visit and for not being able to craft a memorable experience for you and your spouse.

For your future reference we just want to lets you know that you can reserve any room online with any credit card. But at the time of check inn we need to have the credit card to swipe. Its the credit card policy that we need to have the credit card present to swipe or need to have credit card authorization signed. If your husband needs to pay in future for your son we will fax you the credit card authorization form and he can sign the form and fax us back.

I would like the opportunity to personally speak to you and discuss what can be done to have you stay with us again in the future. I can be contacted at nickpatel@sunshinehospitality.biz, or alternatively, my direct number is (715) 848-2888.

I look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you.

Apologetically,

Nick Patel
Super8 Wausau, WI

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Wausau Super 8 was a wonderful place to stay! We were there less than 12 hours, and only needed a place to rest our weary heads, but it was clean - and that's what matters most to us! We have family in Wausau and will definitely choose Super 8 again!

Dear Lois G,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Super8 Wausau. We are truly humbled by your kind comments regarding our service team. Feedback like yours truly inspires us to continue our pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We truly value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Nick Patel
Super8 Wausau, WI

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Nick P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Nick P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Reviewed October 25, 2012