“Surprise Anniversary Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waupaca
Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Waupaca B&B and Inns
Waupaca, WI
“Surprise Anniversary Stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Our 42nd wedding anniversary was upon us and of course....I the guy....was behind in my planning. I was on my way home from Fleet Farm so I decided to stop and check the place out. Kerri gave me a quick tour of the place and I was convinced that this would work. I went home and checked out their web site and was impressed by what seemed to be many creative options and the sense of friendliness and cooperation. I told them my needs which included hauling my truck 12 miles East so that we could do a kayak trip the next day. They were very cooperative. Next day I dropped off roses and a vase. They appeared nicely arranged in our bedroom when I got my wife there. The room was great. Everything was tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The scenerio is great. The hosts were very friendly including cracker and cheese and wine in the evening. The breakfast was delicious. Make sure you take a walk back to the Crystal River which is in their back yard. As soon as we got back there, a young fawn jumped into the river giving us a start and a show. The next day we kayaked the Waupaca River from Riverside Park to Weyawega. It was a beautiful trip with a huge nest of bald eagles providing extra entertainment. The next day we biked the Tomorrow River Rails to Trails trail from Scandinavia to Amherst for breakfast. There is great biking in Waupaca County. The list goes on. This is a great place and plenty to do.

Bryan and Dar

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WaupacaTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minnesota
Reviewed April 4, 2010

First, Let me tell you that I do not typically write reviews, but the fantastic experience I had, makes it necessary for me to write. I recently came back from this outstanding B&B, and I want to go again! It is exactly what one would want. There are many wonderful places to stay, but what sets this one apart is the "little but big" things that the inn-keeper, Kerri did for us. It might have been the lavendar cookies that she had waiting as a little treat when returned "home". It might have been the fact that she was willing to share her recipes. It might have been that she arranged a message with Cindy for us. It might have been the appreciation on her face when she talked about Wapaca and the surrounding area. It might have been that I entered her door as a stranger, and felt like I was leaving a friend when walked out the door. The experience was "exactly what one would want".

1 Thank dcjMinnesota
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Kerri and Mike are gracious innkeepers with a flare for making you feel truly pampered. The inn is quiet and accommodating. And Kerri's breakfasts? Awesome! I wish she could make breakfast for me every day! If you have time, book an in-room massage with Cindy.

1 Thank SheilaEWisconsin
holmen, wi
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I spend two nites at Apple Tree B & B and it was great! I had been there before, but this was the first time I could stay longer. Kerri is a terrific host and has lots of info on the place and area. It is already on my agenda to return in August.

wisconsin
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I can't say enough of my get away weekend to the bed and breakfast with my daughter, just a time to kick back, watch a few movies on a rainy day. The atmosphere of home was very relaxing, lounging in my furnished robe with my coffee in the a.m. The smell of breakfast in the morning was a treat to my senses, the innkeeper,Kerri, served an excellent meal. Given the opportunity to walk down to the river in the spring and enjoy the nature.I've stayed at other b&b before but was never treated as well as this, We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank sassy6911
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This inn is very easy to find and located in the center of the Waupaca chain-of-lakes activities. The innkeeper is very friendly and willing to do anything to help you feel at home. My husband did not arrive until morning when he joined me for breakfast. I felt comfortable coming downstairs in my PJs and robe the previous evening to watch the big screen TV a little. The bedding on my bed was luxurious and the bathroom modern. She had real roses in vases in the room and around the house. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. She had brownies and coffee and tea out in the evening and wine before the dinner hour. From our conversation I gathered that she is open to have groups stay with a variety of customized activity plans. My girlfriends and I are going there for a getaway!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We attended a murder mystery weekend at the Apple Tree Lane B&B. What a blast! Everything was well organized and really fun. The accomodations were wonderful and the breakfasts the best I have ever had. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waupaca
Comfort Suites Foxfire
Econo Lodge Waupaca
#3 of 3 in Waupaca
Lindsay House Bed and Breakfast
Artha Sustainable Living Center Bed and Breakfast

Been to Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!