“Staycation At Its BEST”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waupaca
Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Waupaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Needed a quiet relaxing overnight getaway near my home and found that plus so much more at The Apple Tree Lane Bed and Breakfast. I felt as if I went to Europe, or a big city spa, when I saw my beautiful 10 ft. high Bed that had a bit of a French Classic look to it, and sunk into my claw foot bath. It had a warm fireplace and a super view. I left there with a smile on my face, and soooo relaxed. The best part is that I can go there any time as it is right in my own town.

Room Tip: I had a hard time deciding but loved the bed in this one.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 111Sandi111

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Having traveled to many B&B's as a teenager and into my 20's, I am very particular about where I stay. Apple Tree Lane B&B is exceptional and my favorite by far. Our first visit was with my mom (who lives in Phoenix) in July 2011. She stayed there per my recommendation, although I had not yet stayed myself. Kerri is the most welcoming innkeeper you will ever meet. She accommodated my mom's stay to include myself and my 2 young daughters for breakfast one morning and a walk around the property. She gave us all the rich history about this beautiful home and the pride in her eyes emanated so clearly to ours. The grounds are pristine and being on the Crystal River, perfection.

Our first official visit was just a few days ago. My oldest daughter (age 8) and I decided to have a mommy/daughter night over the Christmas break as part of a gift/making a memory together. It was splendid and so wonderful to be there when decorated with all the holiday trimmings. Kerri was in with me on making it special for my daughter. We only had one night to spend, but it will never be forgotten. She went above and beyond and put us in the "princess room" or Master Suite. The room had a small bag for my daughter which was filled with crayons, princess coloring book, box of hot cocoa and a tiara, of course! We had a sweet evening that consisted of a walk down by the river/seeing wildlife, yummy order-in dinner (in our room) followed by bubble baths (in the claw foot tub no less), giggling, manicures, heavenly robes and movies in bed. We both felt like princesses!

We did not want to leave in July (even though we were unofficial guests) and we certainly did not want to leave this time. Our breakfast was outstanding as it was before....gingerbread pancakes with lemon sauce and fresh Wisconsin sausage (divine). We were able to relax as if this was our own home and my daughter was able to explore the remaining rooms that were open/without guests for the moment. Kerri absolutely goes above and beyond. You will not be disappointed, rather in for a memorable treat. Wonderfully appointed rooms (all with private baths) and each unique and steeped in history and love.

Of course, we will be back soon (living only 3 miles away). It is peaceful and totally relaxing. I would absolutely recommend you come in the summer or fall but if winter and snow are your thing, Kerri and Mike will be sure to give you great recommendations 365 days per year. Waupaca is a community of fantastic treasures and Apple Tree is a gem!

Thank you to Kerri and Mike, you are the greatest of innkeepers out there! Your hospitality is unmatched and next to none! We can't wait to come back and in the mean time, will be re-creating the recipes you so graciously shared!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina H
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We all experience storms in life. I have found Apple Tree Lane B & B to be one of those places to which I can retreat in the midst of those storms. The calm environment and peaceful experience of this beautiful home make it the perfect place to getaway to recenter my spirit. Curling up in front of the fireplace warms my soul, and the ambiance of the Master Suite brings restorative peace to my (often way too busy) mind. Did I mention that the bed in the Master Suite is one of the most comfortable I've experienced on the planet? You've got to experience this! Kerri and Mike excell at welcoming the weary traveler, while allowing space to just be still. This is a place to which you'll want to return!

Room Tip: I just realized that my husband and I have now stayed in and enjoyed 3 of the 5 suites in this beau...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laurie H
Reviewed December 20, 2011

My wife and I had no previous knowledge on any of the B&Bs around Waupaca. By chance, we picked Apple Tree Lane and couldn't have been more satisfied. Kerri was friendly and helpful - a great hostess. The meals she prepared were one of the highlights of our stay. Even though it was in the 90s when we were there (with no central air) we were very comfortable. I would not hesitate making reservations there again. Don't expect great things there - just enjoy the experience. I think you will be pleased.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I absolutely love this B&B, hands down one of the best we have visited and believe me, we have very discerning tastes. Kerri and Mike are a pleasure and upon our second visit I remembered why we liked it so much the first time. It is comfy, welcoming, and hard to leave. You really have to stay two nights. We have booked the Crystal Cove room both times we have visitied, and love everything about it. It is cozy, private and romantic. We feel like we are in our own living room when sitting in the common areas (which can be "weird" at times at other B&B's. I seriously did not want to leave. Next time, we will visit in the summer so we can put on our waders and do a little trout fishing. Thanks Kerri and Mike for another wonderful experience. We will be back. FOR SURE!

Room Tip: Choose Crystal Cove for privacy
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki T
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed at the Apple Tree Lane B&B in November for my husband's birthday and it will be a weekend to remember. Kerri made all of the arrangements for the restaurant and we were very pleased with everything. Our breakfast was fantastic - Pumpkin Waffles with a Cinnamon maple syrup - YUM! Kerri goes the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one. We feel at HOME at the Apple Tree Lane B&B - we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncbestrong
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Apple Tree Lane B&B is relaxing, quiet and so peaceful! It was immaculate, cozy & all the "extras" for guests were a plus. The Master Suite was awesome! The wine and cheese reception was a nice touch & the breakfast was delicious. Kerri was the perfect host. She was extremely accommodating and balanced hosting with respect for my privacy. No doubt one of the nicest places I've ever stayed at! The outdoor scenery was as breathtakingly beautiful. I highly recommend this place! It's the perfect place to rekindle a romance. Kerri and Mike were more than innkeepers, they became my new friends and I look forward to visiting them in the spring.

Room Tip: The two room suite with it's huge, comfy bed and the bathroon with it's two person whirlpool...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple