“Fat Gretchen's goal to make you the Same”

Little Fat Gretchen
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Description: All of our bakery is homemade. With that in mind please give us a 24 hour notice when ordering desserts. We have very unique and delicious daily breakfast and lunch specials. We would love to serve you.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We have stopped in Little Fat Gretchen's twice and both times grabbed some very good baked goods. Never there at the right time to eat, but I want to try.
This is a comfortable cafe that hearkens to days of nostalgia when cafes like this graced all of America. Stop in and give Gretchen a chance to fatten you up.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The service and food were Great! prices are reasonable. Waitresses were attentive. We had wraps and a salad. The portions are bigger. Love the 60's atmosphere.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

When we travel home to see family and friends, this is a must pit stop! The food is excellent and the flavor combinations are spot on. My husband had a sandwich that used rye bread, he didn't get to eat much of it however because the rye bread was so good with the meat, cheese, etc that the kids and I were eating most of it! Either they make it homemade, or they must special order it because this wasn't ordinary rye. Also the soups and dessert are a must! I always like to go light for the meal by ordering soup and then hitting the dessert hard. Their coconut cake is by far the best cake I have ever had! Had they been around when we got married, the coconut cake would have been the one!

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Terrific light supper, great quality local food, fantastic desserts, casual family friendly
atmosphere, we'll be back!! Loved it!!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I grew up in a family bakery business and my wife and I eat out often. This is the first time at Little Fat Gretchen and I can't wait to go back. Everything was awesome...the staff, the music, the cook singing in the kitchen, the atmosphere, very clean, and the food. Wow! Matter of fact, a gentleman sitting next to us got a salad that looked so good that I was disappointed that I was so stuffed because I wanted to keep trying other food that I seen coming out of the kitchen. Also, I'm a soda buff and their Pepsi was perfect...tasted like it did in the good ole days. We ended up chatting with Gretchen (yes, the owner is Gretchen) and loved our conversation. She was a delight to chat with.

Folks, my wife and I are picky about where we go and the food we eat. We only go to places where not only is the food good, but the atmosphere is as good. You MUST try this restaurant! We will definitely be back soon and we WILL drive the hour drive from Appleton just to eat there. I can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Tim S

Been to Little Fat Gretchen? Share your experiences!