“Love Everything!”

Little Fat Gretchen
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Description: All of our bakery is homemade. With that in mind please give us a 24 hour notice when ordering desserts. We have very unique and delicious daily breakfast and lunch specials. We would love to serve you.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The atmosphere when walking in is eclectic, yet organized - very inviting! The people are fantastic - fun, friendly, customer focused. The owner Gretchen is down to earth and loves her trade. You can see it in her expression; both on her face and in her food (especially the pie:)! I had the most amazing soupd I've ever had - Chicken with Roasted Brussel Sprouts. The sprouts were organically grown and local and you could defintely tell. It was perfect! I also had a Pesto Swiss GrilledCheese with spinach and onions. The onions had been marinated and perfectly balanced the pesto and swiss cheese. I was very full and satisfied but couldn't resist bringing home severn different pieces of the ten pies they offered! Best all around cafe/restaurant I've eaten at in a very long time. I will definitely be back with friends!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We heard good comments and recommendations about this cafe and were very disappointed. The server definitely lacked listening skills as she brought two orders of biscuits and gravy and set one down infront of my 10-year old son who had ordered pancakes (she also had his order of pancakes). Both of my children ordered smoothies $3.50 each and were very disappointed. They were mostly ice and very little fruit. My husband and I both ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich and it came minus the buffalo sauce. The "fresh fruit" my son ordered was actually strawberries and frozen blueberries. Very unfortunate experience as the concept is good, the menu looks good, but they did not deliver on most levels. We just relocated to Central Wisconsin and would love to make a place like this a regular on our restaurant list, but unfortunately this experience will not bring us back again.

3  Thank Shane S
Gretchen H, Owner at Little Fat Gretchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are always learning and continuing to grow and always looking to improve. Feedback is always appreciated and we will work on Little Fat Gretchen's being on customers "regular restaurant list". Thank you for your feedback, we will strive to make every ones experience outstanding.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here thinking it was a bakery like sit down caffe but, not so much. They have more pies then any other bakery goods. Pie was over $3 a piece which would be exceptable if it was good. While some may enjoy this more modern pie (that has more of a custard/cobbler crust then a traditional grandma crust) I did not like it. The filling was rhubarb ( I think) it had no flavor what so ever. We thought about ordering a $9 dollar burger until we asked the waitress about them and she was unable to answer if they were pre formed or patted out patties.

3  Thank Nuskiewicz
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lost count of how many times we said that during our meal of turkey cheddar slaw Paninis. Desserts were good too. Service was friendly but slow. Waitress explained a cook had failed to show up for work and the town had a fall festival going on bringing in more than usual business. Bathroom was large and clean. We will return.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Every time I come to town I have to have at least one meal here. The coffee is delicious, the ingredients are fresh and first rate, portions are reasonable and so are the prices. The staff are friendly and the decor is so pleasing and fun.

Been to Little Fat Gretchen? Share your experiences!