“A long time favorite tradition!” 4 of 5 bubbles

King's Table
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“A long time favorite tradition!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

We usually go to King's Table located in King, Wisconsin just down the road from the Veteran's Home for breakfast. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Our tradition is to go for breakfast. They have many different menu items to choose from so selection is not a problem. I always order a breakfast with their homemade toast. It's super thick and delicious! You can't go wrong with anything on the menu as everything is good and the portions are usually HUGE!

Overall, I would recommend King's Table for the variety of food they offer and the quality as well. This is a family owned business like so many in the area and I always like supporting the small "mom & pop" places.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank golfrusa

Wisconsin
“Good, hot breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I enjoyed breakfast at King's Table on a recent short trip to the area. Pretty standard breakfast menu, no surprises, nothing fancy. Service was friendly and attentive (though at 7am we were one of only two occupied tables). Food was served promptly, and piping hot. Pleasant, casual atmosphere. Good location, easy to find, inexpensive. Seems like the kind of place that locals and tourists would enjoy equally.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“Bad Food, Bad Service - no one cares here - 1 star because I couldn't leave 0”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a spot to eat, happened by King's Table, which I thought someone had told me was good. (later he told me he said it was "terrible - why'd you go there?")

After a five minute wait, with only 2 tables occupied, we were seated at a booth by a nice young woman. It was, of course, right next to where the kitchen manager was working on her schedule, calling cooks over to talk to them, which obviously took them away from their duties.

Our waitress came over about 5 minutes later, and took a drink order. Another 5 minutes and we got our water and a pop. We ordered - after 30 minutes we were served the worst meal we have ever had, it was inedible. Meanwhile the kitchen manager kept right on laughing, talking loudly and joking with the kitchen staff. I should have taken my plat over and showed her the congealed mess and asked her what the f%$! it was, but didn't.

We both ate barely anything, the food looked worse than school cafeteria food and tasted about the same.

We told the waitress how bad it was, but she didn't care, she just dropped the check and disappeared. No manager came out, the kitchen manager strangely vanished, so we headed out.

The cashier/hostess asked me how everything was and I said it was terrible. She was not trained to deal with this, and said sorry and told me the amount to pay.

Now I should not have paid, I should have asked to see a manager and showed them the crap on our plates. Having been a restaurant manager for over 30 years I was appalled at the service, food quality and lack of training. I feared I couldn't control my temper, so we paid, left no tip and left - forever.

We will never go back and I urge everyone to steer clear of this, possibly the worst restaurant I have ever eaten in. They seem to make money from the veterans and their families' in King - another despicable and detestable show of their lack of pride in their establishment.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kent B
Waupaca, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you have ALL DAY, dine here!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This a.m. We took our grandsons out for breakfast - after we placed our order, it took over an hour before the food arrived. The food was OK (if you don't count burnt white toast!!) but absolutely not worth the wait. No real explanation given and we won't be back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Margaret M
Milwaukee
“Always a Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting this restaurant about twice a year for the past ten years. Maybe longer.
I have always had great meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinners. With friends, family, small children. The staff is always friendly, polite and accommodating. The food is always fresh, plentiful and tasty.
Try the home smoked pulled pork.
King's Table is always a good choice when you're in the area.