“Amazing food!”

The Secret Garden Cafe
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is in The Green Fountain Inn B & B and it's amazing!!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a small inn with limited seating, and you pretty much should call them before going in, as I believe they only serve dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. The food is so amazingly good! The chef came out of the kitchen and spoke to use about what he had and the different ways he could prepare the food. I had a salmon steak with a Door County Cherry sauce that was to die for. Their regular menu items are awesome, and I have had lunch and dinner there. It tends to be on the pricy side, but well worth the money. this rivals some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in during my years living in California, and traveling on business up and down the west coast.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Ordered coconut cake, flourless chocolate cake, and NY style cheesecake from here for our wedding reception. They were all out of this world, and Barb the Baker was wonderful to work with!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ok, Main street is repaved and access from downtown Waupaca is much easier. We didn't have reservations, but were told that they would be able to seat us. The restaurant is very small... I think seating is limited to about 20 diners. We weren't sure about our dining experience, but went full out and ordered a bottle of wine. My husband had the soup and I had the salad and we swapped halfway thru. Both were excellent and we were wondering if the entree would be as good. It was better !! Well-balanced with fresh vegetables and delicate sauce made it a delight. Knowing that they have awesome desserts, we added their wonderful creme brulee with raspberries to finish our meal. It was creamy and smooth and wondered if their other desserts were as good (I've been assured that they are). Service is a little scattered; different people from the kitchen enter the dining rooms to serve, pour water, clear dishes, etc. Perhaps if one person was in charge of water, clearing dishes, greeting people, etc., it might run smoother. Maybe they were just short-handed tonight. We consider Green Fountain Inn a wonderful place for special, fine dining. I would encourage reservations We are planning on having lunch there soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Make sure you take home some freshed baked goods.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We have gone to this restaurant for both lunch and dinner, and have been extremely impressed at both meals. They are open very limited hours, and dinner only on Friday and Saturday nights, but well worth going. It is part of a small B & B, and so it's best to call ahead to let them know you are coming. The chef came out personally and told us what dishes besides the menu items he would prepare. Two at our table got salmon with Door County cherry sauce, with fresh, crisp-cooked vegetables, and small potatoes of at least three varieties cooked to perfection. We sampled a chocolate cake with three berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) that was to die for! It runs a little pricey for Waupaca, with the dinners starting about $25.00, but well worth the price. Great atmosphere, and an excellent wine selection, too.

1  Thank Terface52