“Nice, clean, non-corporate motel.”

Econo Lodge Waupaca
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waupaca
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My family stayed here for a kids hockey tournament and found it pleasant and clean.

The kids enjoyed the pool, but the adults were a bit taken aback when the pool area was shut down at 10:30pm (lights out and pool covered---probably necessary as a lot of rooms open out to the pool.)

Breakfast is small (breads/danish/muffins/cereals/milk) but there is an endless supply of (adequate) coffee.

The one issue I found was, due to the pool, there was a pervasive odor of chlorine (not bad, but noticeable.)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Waupaca

Reviewed August 19, 2010

Used the Village Inn as our home base for our weekend at the Symco Shakedown car show. Showed up with about 20 couples and old cars.We were treated great , everyone was very helpfull. They helped us to find places to eat & how to get thru town to Symco. The rooms were small but comfortable. Beds were a little hard for us & the walls too thin for a "wild weekend " The shower had plenty of power. They have a large indoor pool & hot tub , ice machine & a nice comp. breakfast with cerial , bagels , coffee , juice , rolls , fruit snacks , toast and a toaster to heat stuff up. All in all a great weekend. We will be back next year with more people & cars. ?? We could have our own car show there Friday night ??

Stayed: August 2010
4  Thank CQtopgun
Reviewed February 24, 2009

This hotel is one of my favorites and I travel alot! Sue, works the front desk, is like an old friend, always there with a friendly greeting, and can provide the latest local happenings. We always stay inside, off the pool (which is heated to a comfortable temperature), the rooms are spacious, and the WIFI provides a very good connection. We bring our well behaved dog, who is always welcome. Coffee is available 24/7 at the front desk (coffee makers are also in rooms), with a Continental breakfast featuring fresh sweetrolls, bagels, & muffins. The owners are local, friendly, often on-site, making sure everything is just perfect with your stay. We only stay here during the winter, because we have a cottage on the Chain O' Lakes where we stay in the summertime. When in Waupaca there are some places you have to checkout. The Harbor Bar (ride the old fashion paddle-wheel boat & be transported back in time) is on Taylor Lake, featuring lively lakeside entertainment, with bands playing on a floating stage on Sunday afternoons, best burgers in town & salads that will fill up a hungry man. The most delightful shops can be found in King, where you can get lost in your shopping experience, stop at the Freckled Frog for a scrumptious salad or tasty sandwich. Cronies is a fantastic breakfast option in downtown Waupaca, an upscale coffee house, with a wide variety of yummy dishes (Door County cherries stuffed french toast to portabella mushroom sandwiches to vegetarian spinach lasagna). Next door is Simpson's Restaurant, where their signature dish is broiled Haddock, mouthwatering. The Woods Restaurant is a place where you can get lots of great food at a reasonable price, broasted chicken. Finally Waupaca features an Irish pub on the river front called T.W. Martin's, find out what smashed potatoes are all about. You'll enjoy your Waupaca stay if you follow my lead, I've been coming here for 50 years, and I know what I'm talking about. Start off your stay at the Village Inn, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank MALLTEDD
Reviewed December 7, 2008

My wife and I have stayed here for many years. Sue as been our contact person has always been pleasant and very helpful. We are planning to stay here again when we attend the EAA AirVenture.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Village Inn has been the site of many return visits over the last 15 years through each season. The staff have provided wonderful customer service and comfortable lodging for a great value. Sue and the other personnel have gone above and beyond over the years and have been sensitive to varying needs based on the occasion or physical limitations.

We have always stayed in the main building to be close to the indoor pool. Our family have always found this motel a place to relax, enjoy the indoor pool and be close to restaurants, retail and family. The motel is located in an area so we could enjoy a walk with or without our pet.

Each end of year would not be the same without a closing stay at the Village Inn and our "second" family. Our holiday is already booked and by end of 2008 the 2009 plans will be complete!

Pricing varies with the season and is a value for those that are budget conscious. Village Inn has been on our list to recommend to our traveling, family and senior friends!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2008

Having Stayed All over the World and Worked for BOTH the Wyndam and Marriott Hotel Guest Orientated Companies Personally, I can HONESTLY say DO NOT STAY at the Village Inn.

The Customer Service is Abysmal (to be kind), the Room was NOT cleaned 2 different Times during on/off 2 week stay, NO discounted Rate was EVER offered (even though the Hotel NEVER had more than 10 rooms full while I was a "guest" there), the "Manager", SUE, was very unpleasant to both GUESTS and her Staff-- incredible!!

NO ONE should EVER Pay to stay at this Hotel!

NO ONE should EVER Pay to stay in ANY Motel/Hotel whose cleaning staff is the ONLY Friendly/Guest Orientated Members of their Team-- and EVEN AFTER I Tipped the Staff EVERY Night I stayed they did NOT CLEAN THE ROOM Twice and the times they did clean it DID NOT leave shampoo or soap in the "cleaned room" THREE TIMES!!

This was a $51.00 WITH TAX DISCOUNTED Room Rate AND that was my Honest Experience-- HORRIBLE!!"

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank TrapperBob84007
VillageWaupaca, Manager at Econo Lodge Waupaca, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2008

The Village Inn strives for guest satisfaction. We hope all who stay with us have a positive experience. Our experienced staff does provide daily housekeeping to all of our guests. We continue to have monthly meetings with our staff to review all operating procedures, and address any concerns.

Reviewed June 11, 2008

I visited this hotel with my boyfriend and 1 year old daughter to visit family in the area. I had a pretty decent stay. The staff was lovely and they were very accomodating (extra towels etc) the breakfast was basic but fresh and they were very nice about the mess my daughter made. The pool was clean allbeit a little on the cool side. The rooms were average not great but comfortable enough. They provided a pack and play, extra sheets and a blanket for my daugher at a small nightly fee. My only problem was I had an issue with the toilet continuing to run two out of the three nights I stayed there. I ended up just shutting off the water at night and they would fix it in the morning and it wouldn't act up again until the evening. They offered to switch my room but since that is rather difficult to do with a child I decided against it but they were very helpful with the situation.

I would recommend it for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waupaca
Ramada Waupaca
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI

Been to Econo Lodge Waupaca? Share your experiences!