“For your Buck, a great place!”

Econo Lodge Waupaca
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waupaca
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A very accomodating place. Try stay on a higher floor as the indoor pool really fills the room with a Chlorine smell. A very convenient location, for quick highway access to Stevens Point or Appleton. Not in walking distance to downtown Waupaca though.
Not a high end hotel, so jsut apprecaite the savings and the friendly and helpful staff! More of a homely type of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Waupaca

Reviewed June 17, 2013

While attending the Strawberry Festival in Waupaca over Father's Day weekend, we opted to stay at the Village Inn. We have stayed here in the past and enjoyed it. The hotel is less than a block off the highway and easy to find with the huge red HOTEL sign displayed at the entrance to the parking lot.

First the good: The rooms are large with plenty of room for our family of 3. The King room we stayed in also had a rather large bathroom, but the double we stayed in last year had a smaller bathroom. The pool and the hot tub were kept at a comfortable temperature and the pool area was very clean. Check in was quick and easy and access to the indoor rooms is simple with three entrances.

Now the bad: I could not give this hotel a 5 star rating for the following reasons. The rooms still have old 19" tube television sets with a limited channel selection. The Continental Breakfast leaves something to be desired - mostly prepackaged sweets, a couple cereal choices, and some bread and bagels. Certainly adequate, but lacking in selection compared to other hotels.

Even with the bad, the rate was reasonable compared to other area hotels and the rooms were clean and well stocked.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an indoor room - they are a little more expensive but well worth it. I recommen...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank grandslambert
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Been staying at the Village Inn for years, love it, it's just like being at home. Extremely friendly & helpful staff, from Sue to Courtney to Mandy, they are always eager to make our stays great. Often times the pool is empty & it's like having our very own private pool. There are plenty of food options in the area & the lobby microwave makes it very convenient for heating up leftovers. If you go to the Woods Restaurant, you will have leftovers, they give you so much good food at good prices. Free internet, bring your laptop, and there is a desktop in the lobby. There is always coffee brewing in the lobby and the continental breakfast will fill you up. There is something to be said for giving the little guy a try, locally owned, and avoiding the corporate chains, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are worth the extra cost, especially if you plan on using the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MALLTEDD
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel still uses METAL/physical keys.

Be careful when you book. There's a HOTEL inside and a MOTEL outside. If you book through some other agency and upgrade you'll be highly overcharged. I do not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: make sure you're getting a room inside, in the hotel. Not in "another building".
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank james t
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This motel was ok for the price; old but clean, and acceptable for a night or two for a reasonable price. Do not plan on eating the continental breakfast because it consists of old, prepackaged pastries.

The biggest downfall is their customer service. When I made the resevation on the phone, the person taking the reservation constantly answered questions of guests apparently standing at the counter, which I found very confusing; one minute she was talking to me and the next she was talking to someone else, never knew who she was talking with. The reservation could have been done in half the time if she had told the others she would be with them in a moment, or asked me to hold for a moment while she takes care of other guests. When checking in, the desk person was rude, but quick, like she couldn't wait to get this transaction done and get us out of there. When we returned to our room at about 10:00 pm, I discovered I had forgotten
my toothbrush and toothpaste, so I went to the desk with a $5.00 bill in hand and asked if they had a vending machine with such items--the desk clerk looked at me and walked to the back, while an approximately 4-year old boy (I'm assuming her son) stood behind the desk, put his hands on his hips and shouted "this is a hotel, NOT A STORE". I said "excuse me", and he repeated this. Now obviously he did not pick this up on his own, but is repeating what he has learned. I explained that I had forgoten these items, and most motels/hotels have such items for sale (or free). Then the clerk came back and threw a toothbrush on the counter. I asked for toothpaste and she reached in a drawer and threw me a small foil-package of toothpaste. I asked if there was a charge and she said "no" and turned around and proceeded to the back. I said "thank you" and left. Now, I don't expect people to fall over me with kindness, but a "Hi, how are you, please and thank you, have a nice stay" are always appreciated. These people apparently do not like their jobs, and if it weren't for their paying guests they wouldn't have these jobs that they hate.

I would stay here again only as a last resort because of their lack of customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MJ51582
Reviewed June 26, 2012

If you are looking for a motel to sleep at for cheap this would be fine, has a pool and light breakfast although rooms are not fancy in any means.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It could be that we were positively influenced by the wonderfully warm and sunny Wisconsin weather in mid October 2011, but that is just a part of it. We initially were going to stay 2 nights and instead doubled that because there was more to see and do. Our room was nice sized; new mattresses so really comfortable; we had an armoire that housed the TV and mini fridge and several deep drawers; great use of space.

We enjoyed using the pool and whirlpool for exercise and relaxation; perfect temperatures for both; clean and well maintained. Breakfast OK; we picked up a brochure and menu for the Simpson Restaurant downtown and Sue at the desk recommended it. We agreed; great food and since we were on the motorcycle ate a little earlier than normal so were able to take advantage of early bird specials, saving maybe $4 to $5 per entree prior to 6:00 PM. We looked at other hotels online in the area and this one was priced very reasonably compared to those. Wanted to add: good computer available in lobby; fast connections.

Room Tip: We liked a room that was adjacent to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NANCY H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waupaca
Ramada Waupaca
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI

Been to Econo Lodge Waupaca? Share your experiences!