“Best Mexican restaurant in the New London/Waupaca area”
Review of D-Fuego - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New London, Wisconsin
“Best Mexican restaurant in the New London/Waupaca area”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've only just learned this restaurant exists. I went there Wednesday, October 9, for the first time. They were holding a FB party to celebrate reaching 500 likes on their FB page. All menu items were 1/2 price and they had discounts on their margaritas as well! I didn't know about the 1/2 price deal before we went there, but I was in Waupaca and we were looking for a place to have supper. As soon as we were seated, we were presented with a bowl of chips and a bowl of salsa. I ordered the beef chimichanga. It was delicious! I went there again today and had the steak fajitas. Once again, the food was magnificent! The waiter asked if I would like the fajitas hot or mild. Of course, I said as hot as possible. And the chef did a wonderful job of accommodating my request! The waiter was very hospitable and attentive, and the restaurant is very clean. Although I was able to finish the chimichanga (barely), I was unable to finish the fajitas. You definitely get your money's worth! The prices are very reasonable. Of course, nothing is perfect. The only complaint I would have is I wish they would give free refried beans as an option or in addition to the salsa that is served with the initial chips. Not much of a complaint, I know. I live in New London, and I would definitely drive out of my way to go to Waupaca to visit this restaurant again and again!

• Visited October 2013

Waupaca, WI
“Best Burgers in Waupaca”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have reviewed this Mexican restaurant when it first opened and was impressed. I am writing now to brag about their new menu additions. Waupaca has an abundance of places that fry frozen beef on a hot sheet of metal and slather it with a fatty sauce and serve it to 70's music blaring in the background or put in in a basket near some lake water. THIS IS DIFFERENT. Adolpho, the owner, has created a line of burgers and sandwiches to delight even the pickiest eater. Beef is fresh, never frozen. Buns are large chiabata rolls. I had the California burger with guacamole and veggies. Others had the pulled pork sandwich. The pork is slow roasted carnita pork spiced with BBQ sauce and limes. A true delight with a spicy kick. There are about 15 sandwiches on this new menu. I still love the Mexican food here, but now there is a new reason to visit.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How do you mess up tacos?”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ordered the four taco lunch special. Steak taco consisted of meat strips and chopped onion. Pork had a flavor that no one at table could figure out. Both extremely dry. No sour creme, guac, or sides. Entire plate was wrapped in tin foil when brought to table. Definitely not fresh or authentic. Two out of party of three expressed displeasure with food. Cashier said we should come back and give them another chance. Third party went to pay bill and cashier said "Let me guess your food was [--] to?"

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sdphunter
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what the other reviews are talking about. I was in town for three nights and after eating here once, I ate here the following two nights. 2 dollar 16 ounce beers during their happy hour, and their tacos Carne asada was amazing.

• Visited August 2013
Appleton, WI
“Tasteless, expensive food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We started our evening with a "A Perfect Margarita" which consisted of Silver Petron Tequila and commercial margarita mix in a 6 oz glass. Brian, the Bar Manager, looks like he is disgusted with every new customer took our $20 and did not return with change. When my drink was gone, he asked if I wanted another and I asked how much they were and he said $10 and they were the house specialty! I declined another and said they were too expensive. The chips were hot and good, the salsa consisted diced tomatoes and nothing else. The bar nachos were stale chips with dog food looking hamburger and some kind of white liquid cheese- but no tomatoes, no black olives, no jalapenos, no onions - WTH?. To be safe, I ordered a taco salad with chicken. The salad consisted of unseasoned shredded chicken, lettuce, a thin slice of tomato, a scoop of sour cream and a scoop of bland guacamole. No cheese, no jalapenos, no black olives, no beans... no flavor - blah blah blah. The waitress was so busy that she did not have time to ask how our meals were. When we asked for our check the restaurant manager asked how our food was and I said tasteless and he asked what did I mean. I said the chicken was tasteless and the other ingredients did not have any flavor. He said it was the low calorie salad and the chicken was marinated in fresh ingredients, but would not offer what those ingredients were - I think boiled water. I still said it was tasteless and he told me that people love it that way!
We won't be back.
While we were at our next event another couple we met were told by other hotel patrons not to eat at the restaurant as it was expensive and tasteless.

• Visited July 2013