“Healthy Choices”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We go to Cronies for breakfast and lunch every day when we are in Waupaca visiting our parents at the Veteran's home, VA King. I like to try to stay on a healthier path and they are more than willing to work with you to customize your order. However, if you want to eat a standard American diet that is also available with good ingredients like grass fed beef as an example. The portions for breakfast are absolutely HUGE and if you order 3 pancakes I doubt anyone can eat all of them in one sitting. On Saturdays and Sundays they are packed with the locals who also love this restaurant. If you can go during the week you will not be disappointed with the service, atmosphere or the quality of their service. The owner is a rare gem and a wonderful baker!

Ignore the negative reviews and give it a try for yourself you will be very happy you did!

1  Thank CandaceP964
There are newer reviews for Cronies

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Most of the restaurants in this area cater to a taste bud that would be just as happy driving through as eating in. The fryolator is the cooking utensil of choice in most of Central Wisconsin. Cronie's, on the other hand, offers the following:
- a coffee bar with an espresso machine! (a rarity around here)
- beautiful and generous breakfasts with MASSIVE pancakes
- a lunch list that focuses on flavor (not girth) love the soups!
- friendly faces and clean tables. (I need clean tables)
High fat menus are great for some people, I prefer to eat something I would cook if I had more time. That's .

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in Waupaca for my sister's wedding this September and had to sneak in breakfast at Cronies with my husband. The coffee is always great; the peppermint mocha is my favorite. I was dissapointed to hear there was a shortage of Door County cherries this year so the Door County Cherry stuffed French toast I had been looking forward to all year was not available. However, the blueberry version was fantastic, and a very close second to the Cherry! My husband's omelette was also very good with meat and fresh veggies. Breakfast at Cronies is a must whenever I'm visiting Waupaca!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A group of us went in on a Friday for lunch. The place was quite busy for 1pm. Most of us had the special burger which was delicious and cooked perfectly. I had the soup which was uninspiring and lukewarm. I wish I had chosen the other side - apple feta pasta. My friend let me try her's and it was delicious.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

A weekly stop for me, Cronies is the first place I recommend to visitors of Waupaca. Fresh, local food and 5 star service!!!