“Great”

Simpson's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Great”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We were in the area and decided to try Simpsons. Great food. Good services. Reasonable prices. Well organized. High class place.

Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Simpson's Restaurant is always fabulous! The food is amazing and the staff is always fun and attentive. My favorite meals are the seared rare tuna steak and the tenderloin Bryonized style!
There are always specials which are delicious also. This is a great place to take the family or go with friends. Also I have to say the cheeseburgers are awesome if you feel in the mood for a more casual dinner.

• Visited January 2014
Appleton, WI
“Uncharacteristic”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for maybe 3 times a year for the past 20 years. I guess we learn a lesson the hard way. The last time we were here my father (65yrs old) had the haddock and had not one but at least 12 bones in his meal, which is not charateristic of their fish at all! In fact one bone stuck in his gum so bad we had to leave before anyone else was finished. We got 'sorries' from the waitress. Last New Years (2012) we went and had the stuffed haddock and had the same thing happen to me and my 9 yr old daughter-it was awful. THIS new years eve (2013)we went and I had ordered a tenderloin medium well....it came and was so red (it should have been mooing) I sent it back and cut into it and it was still the same red and left it on my plate and ordered a dessert which was to fill my tummy. The waitress was so busy on new years eve she did not really show empathy just a few sorries with her hands up and away she went. My father ordered a tenderloin with ribs also this past new years eve and his tenderloin was raw inside......when he saw nothing happened with mine when sent back he decided to not even bother to send his back. I guess we keep going back because there are not a lot of choices for 'fancier' dining in the area and think it will get better BUT I guess everyone agreed this is the last time, even if it means we cook ourselves our own food at home. I guess when one person gets a bad meal each time we go it isn't too fun to be the one who leaves starving. And if you ask why we don't say anything, we have....and the waitresses always apologize and ask what we would like to do about it- by the time something would be re-made the rest of the people we are with have finished eating so we just decline and leave hungry. BUT each time we ask them to please notify the cooks, if that gets done I am not sure. AND let me tell you for what you pay for food here it should be a perfectly cooked meal!!!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank pumpkin2009
Chicago, IL
“Delicious Food and Great Service!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband's family has been going to this restaurant for several generations. The family knows most of the staff and management and they are dedicated to serving up delicous food.

Don't miss the broiled haddock, it's the best along with anything they make with ahi tuna. Also, don't miss their specials menu, sometimes it has some really delicious offerings. The lamb burger is also a family favorite here - usually on the specials menu if available.

All in all, their staff goes above and beyond to accommodate special orders (my husband always wants to make a meal by combining two entrees) and large groups. When I was there a few weeks ago, we had a group of 18 people. It was a great visit (as always) and we had no complaints!

This place has a typical old style supper club atmosphere, and it truly delivers some great food.

• Visited December 2013
Waupaca, WIsconsin
“Hometown supperclub”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The only restaurant in the area that is completely handicap accessible. Great food with a variety of choices, something for everyone! Love the different dining area options!

• Visited September 2013

Been to Simpson's Restaurant? Share your experiences!