“Thought a bit over priced but still very good.”

T-Dub's Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
T-Dub's Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a party of 5. Now the location of this restaurant was so interesting since it is a building that used to construct horse carriages. Wall are stone, lots of really old beautiful wood, comfortable room though lighting was lacking (candles would have helped read the menu) but service was GREAT. Severla of our dishes did arrive rather dry: the corned beef sandwich Reuben and the veggie burger. The spinach dip was really good but really small serving and another less heavy bread would have been a better scooping option. Wished it would have been served with some carrot sticks and perhaps crispy pita chips. Mac and Cheese was too peppery having been made with pepper jack cheese. Since many at the table didn't like that peppery taste I think a really good dish was overpowered by the pepper jack. I think this is a good place to eat but feel that food preparation should be more careful to avoid over cooking the food. Cheesecakes were fabulous and molten choc cake was OK as we had way too much whipped cream plated with the vanilla icecream. Presentation for that dish could be improved. My Black and Tan beer was perfectly served. We liked this place and will be back to try different dishes.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently selected this restaurant for a special family dinner. I have been to Waupaca many times but never knew about this place until I researched it through TripAdvisor. (It is tucked away, and hence easily missed.) They took a reservation for a party of 10, which was great.

Upon our arrival just before 7pm on a Saturday, the place was bustling and quite loud. It is a small space, and there was really nowhere to stand and be out of the way as we waited for our table to be set up. Once we were seated, it took a while for someone to take our drink order. Seriously, the place was just alive with activity and conversation. I'm afraid the noise and lack of prompt service did not suit our guest of honor very well. However, in time we got everything we needed, and to everyone's relief the dining room thinned out as well. The noise level decreased and it became a very enjoyable experience.

Despite the crowd, it was clear the staff was trying hard and cared a lot. They were sincerely good-natured about my young niece who refused to sit still and was basically a tripping hazard for the wait staff going to and from their tables. Our waitress apologized for any waiting we had to do, and she checked in with us several times. We were visited by a couple of gentlemen who were not our server. I assume they had some manager or ownership roles; they were kind and made me feel welcome.

The food was great. I think this is definitely among the best food in Waupaca, particularly if you have lived outside of a rural area like this one. It is not a supper club or a sandwich place. It is a lively pub with comfortable, eclectic cuisine. I think the food compares well with any similar type of restaurant in a more urban location. It's great to see the locals clearly support it.

Our family ended up having a great time for our special dinner. If you are in the Waupaca area and desire a dining experience a little different from the more typical, casual cuisine in the area with a lively atmosphere, I definitely recommend T-Dubs!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place defies the odds. Always busy. Always tasty. Always fun. Working off a pub-house menu they start with a succulent cheesesteak (which I would not mention were it not so good) and end with a variety of entrees that would pass muster in any eatery in downtown Chicago. The Beer Battered Haddock on Friday nights though is unnaturally yummy and a must have. I also love the Pork Loin, the BBQ Ribs and the occasional lamb soup. OK, they could work a bit on their salads and the Bangers and Smash is avoidable most nights, but this place is crowded even when snow covers the doorways. Best in show. Best in Waupaca.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you dont know the area it is a bit hard to find but it is worth finding. Great food, nice wine list and some different beers on tap.
It can get crowded on a Friday night so you may want to make reservations.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved that the owners made you feel at home!! Everyone seemed to be having a great time! Wonderful Irish feel! They truly have the Irish hospitality down pat.

Been to T-Dub's Public House? Share your experiences!