“Second visit - still a great place to stay in central Wisconsin”
Review of Ramada Waupaca

Ramada Waupaca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waupaca
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Second visit - still a great place to stay in central Wisconsin”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Just completed our 2nd stay at this hotel and was not disappointed. I read some of the previous reviews and felt I must comment. First of all, this is a very clean hotel. No it is not the Ritz Carlton, it is a well run hotel in central Wisconsin. We have always found everyone to be pleasant and helpful. Yes, it is older and yes, it is probably time to replace some of the soft linens, but I also feel the prices are more than fair for what is available in the area. As far as the pool area, it is very nice. The hotel was extremely busy the weekend we were there (the same weekend as the previous poster). Perhaps if people did not let infants and small children swim in the hot tub, the water could be turned to a more adult temperature. As far as restaurants in the area, that is not the hotels problem. No, there aren't many that stay open very late but how is that the hotel's issue? I'm not sure what the bartender problem is all about...everyone was having a blast in the bar on Friday evening. Our family will be back and look forward to our annual visit to the Waupaca area. (And yes, we stay in a lot of hotels thoughout the year.)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Amanda7670
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My best friend and I get together with our familes once a year to relax and have fun. We chose this hotel because it sounded so fun and we thought it would be great for the kids. When we checked in the manager was very rude and complained about how she was called in and was not even supposed to be there, later that night she shut off the kiddie pool 2 hours early while we were still in it! We had to ask her to turn it back on. They charged us for a safe and a cot we didnt ask for and when the kids went and asked for an extra robe for them to wear she rudely told them "Its not going to happen" The male bartender at the bar was also extremely rude. We also found out later we were charged for an executive suite when we got the WP suite. All the resturants in the area close around 8pm, there is one resturant open 24/7 but the food and service are not all that great. The water slides were only open once while we were there (we were there for 2 days) and the hot tub is not at all hot. Everyone was complaining about it. I would not recommend this place to anyone! If you do stay here be sure and check your bill!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank Amanda7670
Milwaukee
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Nice, clean & comfortable. Beautiful pool area & mini-waterpark for kidsl

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2009

In June I had the opportunity to stay at the Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel in Waupaca Wisconsin and found the staff to be super friendly. The pool and waterpark was nicer then I would have thought in size and design. I got 2 tickets for cocktails at the bar included with my stay and also a wonderful breakfast that far surpassed my expectations (not your typical cold and cheapy breakfast at most). The value was for the rate I paid also was fantastic and I would highly recommend them for your stay. I took my parents on this stay for a mini close to home vacation and we all were impressed! I will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2009
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The hotel's good features are attractive flowers and plantings and a welcoming staff. The hotel's public areas had a strong chlorine smell from the indoor swim pool. The rooms have old beds (very uncomfortable) and poor quality linens. Pillows are flat and the bedspreads are 80s vintage as is the TV. Our room had a very musty "old motel" smell which was made worse by using the air unit which was dusty and dirty. The carpet appeared newer, but with dirty stain spots. The coffee pot was full of lint. The room next to ours was a whirlpool suite. At 12:30 am we woke up to a loud motor sound vibrating in the wall. We could hear the whirlpool and the people in it loud and clear. The hotel overlooks a highway and the traffic noise is annoying. Our total bill was 144.00 and that is what a sleepless night cost us. This Best Western needs to make some major improvements.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SusanLois
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 12, 2009

When we checked into the hotel, we were given our room keys, hotel information, events going on in the area and gourmet treats for our dog (very nice touch). The hotel offers free breakfast each morning with a wide variety of food, free wireless internet, free cocktail at the on site lounge, 24hr Health Club and a fantastic water park. The hotel was very clean, nice decor and from the staff at the front desk to the housekeepers were extremely friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay at this hotel again! A big THANK YOU to Debi Johnson, General Manager, and the staff at the Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel for helping to make our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Seymour, WI
Reviewed April 7, 2007

This is a very nice hotel. We stay there every year for Easter weekend, and some other weekends throughout the year.

The rooms were nice, and very clean. The room had a hair blower, iron & ironing board. The bathroom had a nighlight.

The waterpark is nice. Its not the biggest waterpark. There is no "lazy river" or 1,000 gallon bucket of water that dumps every 5 minutes. I personally can do without those. The waterslides are the main attraction for the kids. They are 3 story waterslides. There is also a swimmming area, a toddler/baby pool area, sauna and a hot tub.

The fitness center was quite a surprise. It was about as top notch a facility you will ever see at a hotel.

A continental breakfast is part of the stay. It was nice, more then just some rolls & coffee.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel. I can't think of anything that I did not like. Usually when I stay at hotels, one or two things come to mind, but this place seemed really nice.

Across the street is a 24 hour restaurant. We ate there a few times. The food is nice & reasonably priced. A business strip is near the hotel. We also went to some downtown shops. We found some interesting & unique shops. I also took the kids to the library. That was a pleasant surprise too. Very nice. Nice children's area, and nice area for teens to hang out in.

• Liked — waterpark, fitness center, price/value, cleanliness
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank WIBob54165
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waupaca
Comfort Suites Foxfire
#2 of 2 in Wautoma
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Ramada Waupaca? Share your experiences!