“The one and only Rex's Innkeeper in the one and only Waunakee”
Review of Rex's Innkeeper

Rex's Innkeeper
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Waunakee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rex's Innkeeper is an interesting place. Yes, it's a little dated, but it's a nice addition to a small city. It definitely has curb appeal with pretty landscaping and a fireplace at the front entrance. I joined a group of friends for dinner on a Wednesday night. Everyone had already ordered and I decided to order the fried cod dinner. At $12 something, it included a trip to the salad bar, a choice of potatoes, and 3 large fried fish fillets. The salad bar had your typical 1980s staples: 2 soups, lettuce, veggies, and a few pasta and jello salads. Everything was seemed pretty fresh. I had a little of the clam chowder and a small salad. My hash browns were your typical greasy diner hash browns and the fried cod was suspiciously uniform in size, shape, and breading. I suspect this came out of a box in the freezer. Still, kudos to the kitchen staff, I wasn't that hungry when I arrived, but I managed to eat almost everything. My friends all ordered the prime rib and were very happy to take home leftovers. I learned afterward that prime rib IS their specialty... if I had only known. Our waitress was very sweet and polite and more than accommodating in providing all 7 of us with separate checks. I think my favorite part of the evening however, was the cute little room near the entrance we sat in. It was perfect.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I wish there was an Innkeeper in every town. This is the classic supper club with all the great standards on the menu and salad bar. The salad bar was excellent, I really enjoyed the marinaded vegetables. The wine list is acceptable, and reasonably priced. The main course was the delicious prime rib, for only $15.95. All the servers were pleasant and professional.
This is a gem, if you are in the area it is a must stop. Plus the outside has wonderful landscaping.
A complete package.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wow! Where can you get PRIME RIB, the Sunday SPECIAL for the $11.95 with all the trimmings, just the right amount of fat for juicy great taste with salad, soup and veggie with a waitress that really loves her job.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family had a wedding dinner and reception at Rex's Innkeeper on June 1, 2013. For the most part, the meal was great. My husband and I wondered about the chicken that was served: it seemed a bit red inside. Could that have been the type of chicken or the seasoning? It must have been ok, because no one became sick. It's a nice place to have a wedding or any other event.

1  Thank Beverly B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

ALWAYS have great food! Great Service and Exceptional staff! We have been going to Rex's Innkeeper for about 15 years or more and the quality is always the best..and believe me, we have some very finicky eaters!