“Awful”

Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waunakee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked this hotel near Madison WI for our family, 3 rooms, 3 to 4 nights, depending on which family member, through Hotels.com. My husband's and my room was cleaned the first day but never after. They had only two rooms for us even though we had a confirmation number for the third room, and they tried 8 other hotels before finding a room for our married children and family. There was no shampoo available the entire time we stayed there. We were promised a complimentary one night stay the next time we were in town which we never received. The manager, Ekow Amo-Aidoo, was very nice but did not follow through on his word. I do not reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 667barbaram667
Beldenville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have never stayed at a Baymont Inn and Suites, and never plan to again. First, I booked a block of 20 rooms for one night in March for the reasonable rate of $70 per room. In July, I called to confirm that rooms were being reserved and they said the property had changed ownership and could no longer offer this rate. After several minutes of arguing I got them to agree to the original rate. Second, upon arrival at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating to the best of their ability, but non of them spoke fluent English, so it was very hard to communicate. The lady working the front desk at one point could not even understand the simple request of calling me a taxi for pick-up, which I ended up doing myself. Third, my room was very outdated and seemed dirty. The carpet was heavily stained and there was the smell of stale smoke (which I had to notify the front desk about because there was a very prominent sign that stated you would be charged $200 for smoking in the room). Also, after leaving the property and returning, I needed to get a new door key every single time. By the end of my stay I didn't even bother to try the key, I just got a new one before heading up the stairs (there is no elevator).

Overall, I would only consider staying here again if my only intension was to be in the room to sleep, and if no other hotels were available in the area. The one plus side was that the continental breakfast was really good and had a huge selection!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if stairs aren't an option request a room on the lower level.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Waunakee hotels

McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recommend the Baymont Inn and Suites in Waunakee, Wisconsin. The rooms are clean and
comfortable. It appears the hotel is beginning to renovate the rooms, and I think this is a good move. The decor is a bit dated and beginning to show its age. The reading lights between the beds are placed too high, you have to get out of bed to turn them off and on. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The breakfast has improved since my last visit.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator, people who have difficulty with stairs should ask for the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waunakee
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North
Super 8 Windsor/Madison North
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#14 of 63 in Madison
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area)
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee? Share your experiences!