“Very disappointing”

Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waunakee
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We like the location - and have stayed at least 4-5 other times when it was Country Inn. We hoped that the new owners would have made improvements. However on the contrary the hotel was worse than ever. One plus is having a fridge in the room. Other than that - we were unhappy with just about all aspects - cleanliness, bed comfort, no Kleenex even after we asked twice, unprofessionalism, breakfast buffet was completely unacceptable. Again we stay because of the location - I'm not sure that even the location can get us to book another room there when we return in June. Sad.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

First of all I was told when I booked the room that I was getting a King bed with a sofa sleeper. I even called the night before arrival to confirm this and was again told a king bed with a sofa sleeper. When I checked in I was told it was only a king bed. This would not work for 5 people. I then asked for a rollaway and was told the hotel only has 2 and they were both taken. I was then told that air matresses would be provided. Noone should have had to sleep on an air mattress! To top it all off, there was no hot water in the room. We took cold showers. The front desk explanation was that there were so many people in the hotel using water... This is ridiculous! I have stayed at hotels with 400+ rooms and never run out of hot water!! I was told that my credit card would be refunded for the troubles we had. However, my card has not been refunded. I do a lot of traveling and I will never stay at a Baymont Inn again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We got there and they had gave our guaranteed room away. They did not tell us this until after charging the credit card. After giving us a room that did not lock we got home to find that they had charged our card three times. The manager had the look and smell of a meth addict and was rude. No more Baymont's for us.

1  Thank Jim L
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2015

Dear Jim,

The use of your language in reference to drugs is not appropriate. This is a family friendly website, and not an appropriate forum for negative, personal and frankly adult comments about our former manager.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I will never stay here again. We stayed with our youth hockey team for our state playoffs and from the time we made reservations to the time we checked out it was nothing but a mess. When making reservations we had a block but when calling in we're told they didn't have any rooms after our rep called and squared it away I got a room. Checking in took forever. Some of the families that got confirmations for suites or two bed rooms were put in smaller rooms. The hotel went out and bought air mattresses because they didn't have rollaways. There was a lack of management. The staff was dressed very unprofessional, cowboy hat, tshirt and jeans. Our parents did our best not to complain because we were there for the kids. They didn't do daily housekeeping. The Internet rarely worked and the dresser drawer actually fell out on my foot.. I felt very sorry for the ladies working the desk as they had no support from the management. This hotel is very close to the ice rink but I would rather drive a half hour than stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J S

Reviewed March 11, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee? Share your experiences!