“Will not keep up their end of the bargain”
Review of Eric's Porter-Haus

Eric's Porter-Haus
Ranked #116 of 187 Restaurants in Waukesha
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Went there for New Years Eve and tried to use a gift card only to find out that they weren't accepting any that night. Of course they failed to mention this when I made the reservation. Other restaurants will include in the small print "except holidays", but Eric's did NOT, but they would still not honor it. Asked to speak to the manager, and they told us we could go and talk with him at the bar because he wouldn't come to us. Even though they had no good reason to not honor it, they refused to accept it. Bad business- lost potential customers for life, not to mention all the people we will tell how poorly we were treated.

Place is a joke, food was so-so at best, not what you'd expect for the large price tag. Lobster was cold when it got to the table. Steaks were not correctly cooked, I think they got maybe half of them right. Same guy that wouldn't honor the gift card probably decorated the inside... ugly! Bad experience, will not be going back.

2  Thank FCR5

Reviewed December 8, 2009

We sometimes consider going elsewhere for a fish fry on Friday evenings and then realize what a dumb idea that is. The food is always SO good at Eric's and most of the wait staff are tremendous. There are times when the dining rooms are so busy that we have to wait at the bar for a table. We figure that's a good sign. Who wants to eat at a restaurant with empty tables?

Reviewed November 21, 2009

1. We called for reservations for Friday night - they do not accept resverations then unless you have a party of five. Decided to try it anyway. Hostess said it would be 30 minutes. About an hour later we were seated in a room with three empty tables.

2. Bar wasn't bad - bartender was pleasant.

3. Waitress was slow.

4. Both of our steaks were incorrectly and unevenly cooked. We both asked for medium-rare and they were well-done and tough. My husband asked for garlic mashed potatoes as his side and lo and behold they do not serve those on Fridays which is not indicated on the menu. My husband's porterhouse was $36.99 and might have been a $10.00 steak in the store. He told the waitress our steaks were incorrectly cooked - she offered to take them back - but we did not want to wait another 30 minutes to eat.

5. When we left, we saw their sign out front said they were looking for an experienced cook. That should have been a clue.

1  Thank Lolly1976
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was in Waukesha on a 3 month contract and ate at Eric's at least once a week while I was there. The atmosphere and food were always excellent. Always ended up taking home a doggy bag because it was too much to eat in one session.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

I have been a semi-regular for a couple of years ago. Service is always fanstastic and it provides a nice, quiet atmosphere with Sinatra or Martin playing throughout. Great date place.

The steaks served there are reasonably priced and always cooked to perfection. Dinners are all-inclusive (soup or salad, potato), meaning you don't have to add your side or salad as some steakhouses in Milwaukee are structured. All dinners also include fresh bread, crackers and a tasty spinach spread (if I had to figure out the ingredients: spinach, mayo, garlic and something that makes it just slightly sweet).

I favor the petit filet - under $20, served with mushrooms and thinly shaved onion rings. Occasionally they'll have Schaum Torte available and I highly recommend it.

If given the choice between Mo's, Fleming's or even Outback, I'll tell you that Eric's beats 'em all!

1  Thank porschegal