“Never again”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Never again”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fish fry was dry. Steaks cooked wrong. Salmon was disgusting. We asked to have the bill split up at the end of the meal and were told "we do it by hand so we would have needed to know right away" well if you do it by hand, redo it! I'll never go there again!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Alidaley25

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Good experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Eric's this past weekend to use a coupon that was about to expire. To be honest, we were a little nervous based on the past reviews reviews here. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and service. Using the coupon was a little strange as it couldn't be used on any of the specials - regardless by the time we bought drinks and the meals, we were good. I had the Iowa pork chop which was huge and well grilled. My husband had the prime rib that was good - not the best around but good. Our server (and her server in training) were attentive and polite. No complaints here. I will admit, they have a pretty pricey menu.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank FinsUp95
Waukesha
“inconsistent quality”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been here 3-4 times this year with mixed results. The fish fry and service is usually good if you get there early on Friday. Steaks were ok - nothing special - reasonably priced. It is worth a try if you are nearby - would not make a special effort to go there. Maybe things have changed since our last visit in July.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary H
PEWAUKEE
“Poor Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Food not bad service was poor and Owner is very rude and jerky not a people person at all and would not honor groupon coupon and yelled at us in front of everyone will never go back there please dont waste your money or time on someone that doesnt appreciate his customers!!! Hope he goes out of business he deserves it.

• Visited April 2013
11 Thank Pamela J A
“Steaks good, Rouladen so-so”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were there last week Saturday. Had a Groupon coupon, which they did accept, but not for specials or their "lite" meals. Service was good, could have been better, but we were satisfied. My husband had a steak which was very flavorful and just the right portion for him. I had the Rouladen and quite frankly I was disappointed..it was rather dry, the gravy was way to thick and tasteless. The cabbage was not good....usually red cabbage is sweet, this was not. I had a bean soup, which for me was a bit spicy (didn't expect that) but okay. The spatzel was very good. I did take my leftover rouladen and spatzel home...doctored up the gravy, and put it in the oven to get it a bit more tender. I am thinking the cut of meat that they use is not what I use at home to make this dish...mine is a whole lot better!
We will probably go back, but not in the near future.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Catlowe

Been to Eric's Porter-Haus? Share your experiences!