“Eric's Porter-Haus”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Eric's Porter-Haus”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was okay but we had a coupon from restaurants.com and they wouldn't honor it. I will NEVER go there again.

Visited April 2013
12 Thank Dawn S

New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States
“Sent Food Back Multiple Times”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The 1st time we were here, the food was delicious! My filet mignon was cooked perfectly, and it was a good dining experience. Tonight however was a disaster! When the Cajun chicken soup was brought out, I thought it was strange there was a "noodle" in my bf's soup (the lighting was dim, so I couldn't see very well). I saw the odd expression on my bf's face, and asked, "what's wrong", if the soup didn't taste good. He said the soup tasted good, but there was a TOOTHPICK in his soup, aka the "noodle". That was sent back, and he asked for veggies instead. Typically, there's just 1 minor screw-up that can be overlooked (human error), but it got worse. Chef Ramsey would be mortified! Some hs kid in training was cooking our steaks, and screwed things up royally! My bf ordered his medium rare, and I ordered mine medium well. His steak was medium well, and my steak was medium rare (it was RAW and bright red), not cooked! Our waitress, when we brought it to her attention, read our orders back, and she placed the order correctly, but the kitchen staff had other ideas. I sent my filet back. The 2nd filet mignon that came out was still RAW, and bright red. Sent it back AGAIN a 3rd time, and when the steak came out, it was well done, not medium well. By this point in time, my bf was done eating his steak, and I ended up packing my dinner because I waited so long for my entree to come out. The owner wasn't available to complain to. If he was, his ear would be chewed off. Why wouldn't you have your chef cooking the steaks which are pricey, after the 1st time I sent my steak back, or the 2nd time I sent my steak back? When it came out the 3rd time, it was still screwed up! You're a "steakhouse". I could have gotten my steak cooked correctly the 1st time around at Outback, or Texas Roadhouse for a cheaper price at a chain restaurant. For the kitchen staff to not give a damn what get's sent out, shows what they really think. They need to fire whoever was cooking tonight, and get a staff in the kitchen who actually cares about the food they put out.

4 Thank Celeste S
Florida
“Friday Night Fish”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Six of us dined here specifically because it was the only restaurant we could find in Waukesha that served fried perch, and one does not visit Wisconsin on a Friday without experiencing fried perch. This restaurant seats only on a first come/first served basis, unless you have more than five people in your party. Since we did, we reserved seating for 5 p.m. and were led to our table in the front room next to a window immediately upon arriving. We liked the ambiance. The older building looks like it was a private residence at one time, and the décor is cozy and inviting.
A full bar is available, including a reasonable selection of wines. Drinks averaged $7 per.
We thought the entrée prices were rather steep, with fried perch at $17.99, which included approx. 10 ounces of fish, cole slaw, bread, and a potato side. Other restaurants serving Friday night perch typically charge $13-$15. Their Porterhouse steak is $39 and many entrees on the menu were in the $20-something price range.
The perch turned out to be very good. The cole slaw was excellent - a vinegar recipe instead of mayo. The light rye bread was wonderful, but the butter could have been softer. We were pleasantly surprised that one of the potato options was a potato pancake (latke) served either with syrup or applesauce. Potato latke is sometimes available in the ethnic section of better grocers and in Jewish delis, but I've have never seen it offered anywhere else. Several of us ordered potato pancakes, and they were delicious.
If you can forego perch, this restaurant offers an all-you-can eat cod dinner on Friday night. You can choose either baked or fried cod, or both. It comes with all you-can-eat cole slaw, rye bread, and potato of choice and costs only $15. Several in our party ordered this, and everyone raved about it.
Service was very pleasant and fast enough. Everyone in our group was pleased with their dining experience. I recommend the Friday night special, and I'd definitely go back.

WATERFORD
“Poor customer service!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went to Eric's last night for a fish fry, We called the day before to see if we could use a 25.00 certificate from Restaurant.com for the fish fry, we were told to call back at 4:30 to check with someone else which we did. We were told if it does not state that it can't be used on specials then it would be fine to use. So I bought the certificate for 10.00. We got to the restaurant and after our drink order was placed I presented the certificate to the waitress, she said it couldn't be used for a fish fry, when I stated we called the day before and specifically asked, she said the only thing we could use it for was 1.00 off of one of the for meals we would have ordered. I finished my wine and did not order, this is very poor customer service and slimy tactics to try to get people in you restaurant. Save your money and certificates and go someplace else. There is a wonderful, delishious restaurant right around the corner called Mia's go the instead.

5 Thank JANISC-K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fraudulent billing”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

They do not know how a Groupon works and will try to charge you more than they should. It took 3 times to get the bill correct and then when I received the credit card bill, I found that someone had forged my husband's signature and added a tip that we did not put on the bill. Also, service was extremely slow and it was cold in the upstairs dining area.

• Visited January 2013