“Did not disappoint!!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

We LOVE good Mexican food! Being new to the area, and exploring the local restaurants, we were curious to try La Estacion as it was highly rated. We were greeted warmly and our service was excellent! For me, the ultimate test for over 30 years of excellent Mexican restaurant is their chili relleno. Having enjoyed it in California, New Mexico & Arizona, I am usually disappointed with restaurant's chili relleno. But not this time! It was the chili relleno of my memory!!!The fajitas were delicious also, very tender steak! And the salsa was yum!! We will back!

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here mid afternoon on a Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Chips & salsa were good & food was served fast. Very cool interior & decor was awesome. It's a 2 story former train depot and has historic coolness!

Reviewed November 15, 2016

I have seen a few restaurants that are in old train stations but I have never seen a Mexican restaurant in a train station. You can actually eat in a dining car! The aisles are very wide as well as the tables. The food was magnificent too! I asked for a Moscow Mule and the bartender visited me in the dining car to apologize that he didn't have any copper cups - which was not a concern to me - but it was to him!!! We were simply blow away by the whole experience. We will certainly eat there again when we return to the area.

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

I like that the chips and salsa are brought out immediately. Ordered the burrito and enchilada plates with rice and beans. All very good. I had a margarita on the rocks. That was also good. Sometimes the wait staff don't listen when you request a little alteration to a drink. This one did and the drink was great. If your looking for a good Mexican restaurant, this is it.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We were there on a nice day in September. Able to sit outside on a beautifully lit patio, inside the restaurant or in the train car. Food was great and so was the margarita. Friendly staff and was very helpful to my 6 year olds requests. Will definitely be going back.