“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Pub
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Used to be my fav place but since this Spring when menu changed, I will now find other restaurants to frequent. My first clue should have been when there was plenty of parking in front of the restaurant. Limited menu choices and raised prices don't make for a nice dining experience. Not all of the Chancerys have a new menu ( go to Wauwatosa for good food ) so why did they mess with Waukesha.??

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gail E

Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Over priced”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I hadn't been to Chancery in a couple years, so when my wife and I wanted a quick meal before a movie...I suggested it. Quite embarrassed to have suggested it.

When we first got there we asked for a booth, but none were clean (it wasn't that busy, so what gives).

I was disappointed with their new menu...quite pricey! We both ordered sandwiches. A Ruben was $9, not a bad price...but usually with that type of money it comes with some type of side...perhaps fries? Nope.... So very small serving for a pricey meal.

The plating of the food threw me off a little. They try to have it all fancy, but the rest of the restaurant does match that style. (Anything, but a fancy place) Oh, if they do want fancy...might a suggest changing the cups. Cheap plastic.

The waitress was nice and when we told her we were in a hurry because of the start time of the movie, she put a rush on the food and gave us the check before we had to ask....that was nice.

Overall, the food was tasty....just pricey and small serving size.

We won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kenneth S
“Not impressed”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

No more french onion soup:(
Prices have changed. Order a burger and your side of fries or onion straws cost extra.
Smaller menu, infused drinks and some of the staff need new jobs.

1 Thank Gena W
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Completely New Menu and Attitude”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Chancery in Waukesha has rolled out a new menu with local ingredients and fantastic flavors.
Sorry old timers change is good.. Great offering of craft beers and free snacks (like wings, tacos) during happy hour 3-6. Offerings change so stop by frequently. I haven't been this impressed with Chancery since they opened!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Bob53186
MKE
“Okay food, But.........”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Other reviews talked of the place being old ,and worn out. I found that to be the case. Our server was very good. She was attentive, friendly, and helpful. She explained the happy hour, and prices on food and drink . The food was finePub food. The drinks were fine. I did notice that the staff was gathering in groups, not cleaning the restaurant . More staff than guests ?
I don't think I would plan a return trip.

Visited November 2013