“Nice Italian, wish I would have got the pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Michael's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Troy, Wisconsin
“Nice Italian, wish I would have got the pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I went on a Friday night. It was very busy which I expected, so I called couple of days before to make reservation. Would recommend doing if planning on dinner during the weekend. The service was okay, I do believe our waitress was just starting out though. I have to say for the review of the food that I am a very picky when it comes to fresh pasta. I got the seafood ravioli (there was a long name for it), this was one of the more expensive items on the menu. I just thought it was okay, nothing spectacular for the price. Actually I thought everything was a little over priced. Now if you like your pasta smothered in sauce and cheese, this is the place to go. I prefer more authentic italian where the pasta is the star, not the sauce. Would only back again for the pizza, which my friend said is very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

milwaukee
“Best Italian and Pizza in Waukesha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've lived in Waukesha for four years, and Michael's is not only my favorite restaurant in Waukesha, but the best Italian restaurant I've ever been to. The food is always excellent, and service is great as well. They also have AMAZING pizza, in my opinion the best pizza in the city. Atmosphere is old-school Italian.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WI
“Decent Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Being new to Waukesha, we have had a hard time finding good food. We tried this place on a half off certificate you purchase online. When we entered we were welcomed by great staff and seated immediately. The server was a bit busy but we found her to be very friendly. We then ordered food of which was pasta for one entree and the other was beef. Both were amazing. We took them home and had another meal. I did see how one can have a long wait as many families seem to bring 5-10 people w them, thus taking up many tables. Make sure you make a reservation for any holidays or events.

• Visited March 2013
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“Mediocre pizza and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on a Friday and ordered pizza and mozzarella sticks. The food in general was mediocre and the service was fair. I would probably not come back as there are better restaurants in the area to choose from. Although we did go to the bar afterwards for some drinks that were pretty good. The service at the bar was much better, we would most likely return to the bar for drinks during happy hour.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alyssa S
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Best Gnocchi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We used to go here several years ago and found the servers very unfriendly and the atmosphere nothing special. I mean really, when you have the same server after 6-10 visits and not one ounce of recognition is registered, time to go somewhere else. So for about 5 or 6 years we stayed away. Then one night while trying to decide where to go we passed by and thought what the heck, we will have a pizza there. Well they must have had a little facelift, classed the place up a bit and clearly hired some folks that are friendly and very good at what they do as well as someone back in the kitchen putting out some tasty chow! We enjoyed the Italian music, some nice Italian wine and a great dinner served by a wonderful server. My fav is the gnocchi and hubs simply loves the chicken marcelina. Since that first re-visit we have taken out-of-towners there for dinner and have had a wonderful birthday celebration there in addition to some lovely "date-night" dinners, just the two of us. Prices are reasonable and servings large!

• Visited March 2013