“"Wunderbar"”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Silvernail
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Gasthaus, along with Weissgerber's other restaurants, is excellent. The building is beautiful - the ambiance is outstanding. There is something to see everwhere in the bar or restaurant. The Friday night fish fry is outstanding - your choice of fried or baked cod, potato salad, potato pancake, french fries, cole slaw, salted rye bread - what more could you ask for? The specialities are the German selections - all prepared with love. Give them a try.

There are newer reviews for Gasthaus

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My gf took me here for a special dinner, and it was a memorable dinner. The selections were unique and varied. The staff was smiling, diligent, and without being pushy. Everything we had was cooked perfectly, and the atmosphere was one-of-a-kind.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Waukesha's Gasthaus (2720 North Grandview Boulevard Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 544-4460 is everything it is said to be, and more: excellent service, a largely-German menu, good food in ample portions, authentic German ambiance, reasonable price, great desserts and good music. My wife and I took friends out - they enjoyed every minute, as did we. The Fondu and Croquettes were excellent, the Rainbow Trout, Sausages and Sauerkraut, the Jager (pork) Schnitzels were wonderful (the pork sauce a wee bit too sweet to my taste). The desserts were ample for two a portion: Berrylicious Sorbet and Apple Strudel were sheer delight. The five of us (two appetizers, five main courses, three desserts) came to $149. Note; closed on Sunday. We'll go again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very comforting and makes a good venue to have great food just like my Dad would be able to make as a boy growing up in Milwaukee.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Weissgerber family definitely knows how to put together a great dining experience! We enjoy all of their restaurants. The Gasthaus has a Bavarian/German theme from the interior decorations to the menu. I love the Weiner Schnitzel at the Golden Mast (another Weissgerber restaurant) so I ordered it here. It was very good, but I think it is a bit better at the Golden Mast. My husband is not an adventurous eater, so he always gets the prime rib. He said it was very tasty. Looking around at the meals at other tables, the traditional german fare looked yummy! I heard those diners making positive comments about their food. The servers were very friendly and helpful with the menu. We arrived on a motorcycle so we were not exactly dressed up, but we were still welcomed here. I would recommend the Gasthaus and will come again.