“Great shrimp soup but service not much”
Review of La Fuente

La Fuente
Ranked #65 of 176 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
madison, wiscosnin
“Great shrimp soup but service not much”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stopped in on my way back to Madison to get my favorite shrimp soup. Very convenient location so I didn't have to go to the south side or to Wauwatosa. Restaurant located next to Target and Home Depot. Looks like it was a former fast food restaurant. Decor was good, clean and seemed to have adequate staff. A friendly hostess showed me to the bar area and told me the bartender would take my order. I obviously took the bartender away from watching 2 soccer games on the big screen tv's. He took my order fairly promptly, and collected my money. While I was waiting he filled a few waiters orders for soft drinks. He never asked me if I wanted to order a drink anything else, nor did he bring me water or chips. I purposely left my change on the bar to see if he would offer me water, a request for a drink, chips etc. Obviously the lure of those soccer games was more important than his one customer at the bar. I received my order in about 10 minutes and left him to watch his games. The shrimp soup was outstanding as usual. No I didn't leave a tip for him.

• Visited March 2014

Buffalo
“BEST MEXICAN EVER”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We love to come here for Caldo de Camarones, the signature shrimp soup here. Never, ever disappoints. The best.

• Visited September 2013
“My Stomach Hurts!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Poor to very average food at this former Steak and Shake. The food was slow to come after we placed our order. We ordered basic dishes and were very disappointed. My dish had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp as it was dry and crusty! My daughter could not finish her fish tacos because they smelled so bad ! The quality of food at this location is much like what you would be served at a high school cafeteria; a bad high school cafeteria.
The staff was not very interested in serving our table and it showed, Don't waste your money here. You would do much better at Taco Bell.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sickofbadplaces
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Came back again.......”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Service was horrible. There were only three tables full at the time too. Kids got chicken tenders and they were like rubber. Server never brought silverware after requesting. Guess we'll go elsewhere from now on.

• Visited August 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Not quite the original”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am a huge fan of the La Fuente on Fifth and National. This location does not meet the expectations of that or the Blue Mound Rd one. I had ordered the same dish two weeks ago at the Blue Mound location. While I had ordered a shrimp dish, I actually received tilapia. And it was completely different from the dish two weeks prior. It was still good but not what I was craving. Fortunately, the margaritas are the same. I would go out of my way to go to either of the other two locations before going to this one again.

• Visited July 2013