“reasonable price”

Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Georgetown, Kentucky
“reasonable price”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

good food, got a to go order, would be nice to be able to call ahead and pick-up for the guests at Super 8 and Extended stay

Visited June 2013

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I know Texas Roadhouse is a chain and not exactly "gourmet", but heck. I love this place, and one of the main reasons is the absolutely consistent experience. I lived in Virginia for a while and would go to the local Texas Roadhouse when I was homesick, because it was exactly like the one in my hometown, from the décor to the food to the eerily-similar waitrons.

Sometimes the loaded mashed potatoes are too oily (that's not a healthy side order anyway), but I've never had a bad meal here. The steak is good, the drinks are good, the sides are good, the rolls are amazing. The wait staff is always friendly and accommodating, the portions are just about perfect, and the noise level is high but therefore very forgiving if you have a bunch of kids (or one loud one).

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food as Always!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Texas Roadhouse is right across the cul-de-sac from our motel which means we can walk there and not have to drive. That was great in itself! Great food and atmosphere as always and the service was very friendly. Thanks again Texas Roadhouse!

Visited May 2013
Milwaukee
“Call Ahead, go for it! You will wait anyway!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been to this Texas Roadhouse a few times, the Kids wanted to have dinner there, so we called ahead and were told it would be 15-20 minutes for a table of 5 plus a high chair. We arrived 15 minutes after calling ahead, we ended up waiting for 35 minutes and left without dinner. The behavior of tired and hungry young children cannot stand a long wait.

We watched table after table get seated, we were close enough to hear that they didn’t call ahead and didn’t wait.

I went up and asked the young man how long it would be until we were seated after we had been waiting 20 minutes or so. He said “You have a pager?” I could not tell if he was being a smart A—or if he was that dim. He indicated that they had picked a table for 6 for us and that one table of people was not interested in leaving quickly.”

A note here is that they have high chairs that secure on to the tables for booths, they work nicely and we have used these before, they have a fair number of these booths.

So instead of seating us at any number of other tables or a booth they kept filling them up with people as they came. When I saw them seat a new family that walked in at one of those booths I asked my wife and she was also exasperated by the wait. We gave them one last chance to seat us and they could not. We took our hungry and tired children elsewhere we were seated right away, for a fantastic meal.

So calling ahead is a total joke, I simply cannot understand this whole experience. How can you seat table after table when there is only one family in your waiting area and not say – what about them?

Finally, I would say that we have been through this call ahead and still wait for everyone BS before, but it was never so blatant. I have learned my lesson and will not go back to this restaurant and perhaps the chain. I hope this review saves a similar headache or two.

p.s. They have peanuts to snack on while you wait. But we did not allow our children to eat the peanuts after watching several people get their table called and come back and throw a handful of peanuts back into the communal bucket. There was no scoop or bags. Since that was gross and we were not expecting a long wait, so we played it safe…]

• Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Bread, Good Food and a Nice Experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have eaten at Texas Roadhouse a couple of times and have had a wonderful experience almost every time. The sourdough bread that you are greeted with, is hot, yummy and absolutely fresh out of the oven!

My favourite is the Smothered Chicken with Steak Fries, Mashed Potato and Corn! The Steaks are also very well cooked to order!

And you can almost always listen to a warm "Yeehaw" for someone whose birthday is being celebrated; Yes, you can join in on the "Yeehawing" too! :-)

-- A place good for a visit with family, children and friends!!

• Visited March 2013