“Second Time is the Charm”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #8 of 176 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Menomonie, Wisconsin
“Second Time is the Charm”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We ate there on a Thursday evening this time and it was perfect. They were busy, but not so busy that you had to wait or felt rushed. We had time for cocktails, appetizers and a leisurely dinner with friends. We will eat here again when we are in the area.

Visited March 2013

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Never had a bad meal!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ive been here and other locations over 50 times and Ive never had a bad experience! The food is always amazing and cooked to order! Their steaks are mouth watering everytime! My favorite is the filet but the sirlon is yummy too! Their hot bread with homemade butter is delicous to snack on while you wait for your food! Has a country feel to the decor and southeren spin to some of their drinks and food! I would definitly reccommend this steakhouse to anyone who wants a good hot fresh meal!!!

• Visited March 2013
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Good experience but chilly”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm not much on eating beef, but my husband likes a good steak. We skipped lunch and went for a really early dinner. When we arrived at 4:15p.m. there was a cold breeze throughout the restaurant. The server indicated that the heat had been off. After about 30 minutes it was comfortable. So, don't go really early when the weather is cold.
Everything else was great. To my delight the salmon I ordered was wonderful and my husband reported that his steak was excellent. I admit my expectations were low, but they are not anymore. The food came piping hot and in a reasonable time. Our server had a great attitude with a good balance of asking if we needed anything without intruding.

• Visited February 2013
Waterford, Wisconsin
“ABSOLUTELY WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was my 12yr old son’s birthday and he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I called them at 3:30pm to make them aware that we would be coming at 6pm with a total of 9 people (7 adults & 2 children). They said that they do not take reservations and that I would have to call 1 hour before we arrived to be put on the waiting list. I called again at about 5:15pm and told them again that we would be coming with a party of 9 people. The hostess staff seemed very confused and taken back by a party of nine. She said, “That’s a large party. Hold on a minute.” The manager (Phil) came on the line and seemed equally confused. He said that for a party of 9 people, he could not get us in until 6:30p and that he would have to get a couple of tables together for us. We arrived and everything went downhill from there. After I identified who we were, the hostess led us to two booths back to back in the coldest section of the building. I told her that this was not what we expected nor wanted. She said that she would get the manager (Phil) for us. Phil- the manager- came up to me and asked what the problem was. I told him that we were supposed to be at a table. He said that this is what they have. I told him that this is not we talked about on the phone. Phil- the manager- began to argue with me in front of my family and customers. I told him that this is not what we talked about on the phone and that if I had known that my family, who is here for my son’s birthday, would be separated we would have never came here. He (Phil) still continued to argue with me in front of my family and customers, telling me that I was wrong and that they don’t have any tables. WHAT???? I called them twice, with the first time almost 3hrs before we arrive, and informed them that we were coming. I am a very patient person but all I can say is that he is very lucky that my family and children were there. The way he (Phil) continued to argue and disrespect me in front of my family and customers the middle of this restaurant, my patients was spent and it took everything I had not to hit this guy!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank azwi
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
“Roadhouse letdown”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Roadhouse was a little disappointing. Not busy yet service took longer than expected. Food came out fairly quickly, but steak was small, potatoes were cold, and couldn't find a server to refill my drink.

Visited November 2012