“Good restaurant for Japanese food”

Sakura Japan Sushi & Grill
Ranked #66 of 176 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Waukesha, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good restaurant for Japanese food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am not very fond of Japanese food but my husband wanted to go eat sushi. I do not like sushi. My husband said it was great. I other hand just got some veggie tempura.I had a soda to drink and it was way overpriced because it was a can. So no refills...Next time I will drink water...

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MTM081416

milwaukee
“Many Happy Visits”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This has to be one of the most friendly asian restaurants we have encountered.

The staff is helpful, knowledgable and very friendly. The sushi and related food items are done well as is the non-sushi style food.

A particular treat is their Friday Fish Fry. It is high quality white fish in panko breading with sides of rice and korean style veggie pancakes. The bento style presentation is an additional treat.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank milwaukee__guy1
Carpentersville, Illinois
“Typical sushi”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This is downtown typical sushi place. There was only 2 other tables for a Tuesday night so I expected better service. The food was good a the price was fair.I would go back. Only place I could find that was close and open later. Everyone was friendly. Would recommend.

1 Thank pperryii
Waukesha
“Really friendly”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

While we don't seek out Japanese dining, my gf and I seem to gravitate back here regularly. The staff is always courteous and knowledgeable about their menu. If you aren't familiar with terms like nagiri, sushi and sashimi, this is the place to start. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank joediner99Waukesha
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“I don't even like sushi...”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

but I really dig Sakura. Clean, comfortable atmosphere and excellent, friendly service. I usually order the chicken teriyaki lunchbox and it is so yummy. I can't speak to the sushi though, sorry!

• Visited June 2012