“Beware”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Shawano
“Beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed at this motel because there was NOTHING else available - there were three events going on in the area that I was not aware of and they would not even accept AARP. I would normally never complain.. but BEWARE if your room smells of stale smoke or just smells stale - PLEASE tell the front desk. If you do not, you will be charged $100.00 for smoking in your room. I am not a smoker, I did not travel with anyone who smokes, I was traveling alone with my dog for a dog show. This room smelled so bad I went out and bought Frebreeze Air Freshener because it was unbearable. The smell had been in this room for quite awhile - it did not just happen over night. My credit card was charged $100.00 for smoking in this room. This was a HORRIBLE experience. Be very careful of the waivers you sign at the Front Desk - and if something is NOT RIGHT with the room report it immediately. I will never stay at another Ramada, I have contacted their corporate office and they assure me someone will get back to me - no one has to date. I have been trying to work this out with the Manager of this Motel and they refuse to answer my email or return my calls. Also beware there is no elevator in this motel so if you are on the 2nd floor you will need to haul all our luggage up. This was a nightmare of an experience.

Room Tip: ask for the 1st floor - INSPECT the room before you ACCEPT the room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dana S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before while traveling with family and I would stay here again.

The other reviews are right, this is an older hotel. For $75 a night, what were you expecting? The did some surface upgrades sometime in the past few years, and they are starting to show wear. Again - $75 a night.

Our room was clean and in good repair.Bed was comfy, AC worked great. All the common areas and hallways were well lit and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

We did use the pool. It's small, and had a bit too much chlorine in it, but with a good rinse off afterward a good time was had by all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Eagleton, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is not very well maintained. We stayed at this Ramada with our basketball team 6/29-6/30/2012. We were first assigned a room that had a view of a brick wall. Feeling claustrophobic, we requested a different room and were moved to one that had a broken air conditioner. After the gal on duty jiggled wires and couldn't fix it, we were moved to a third room only to learn that the air conditioner was broken there as well. It was 90 degrees outside so we could not get relief by opening the window. We were told there were no other rooms available and had to stay in the room with no air. At one point it was so bad I asked if there was a fan available and was told "no". Then got a call saying there was one on its way up. It was so filthy dirty, there is no way I would turn it on in the room. The kids and I were so exhausted we just tried to tough it out, but hardly slept all night due to the heat. The next day I asked for either a room with air or to have the unit fixed. Before the people on duty would do anything, I practically had to lose my temper and told them the situation was totally unacceptable. The person on duty finally agreed to contact the property owner to determine what could be done. In the end, the unit in our room was fixed and the second night the room temp was much more comfortable. We later found out that there were many rooms with broken A.C. units and because the customers didn't complain, they remained broken.

Breakfast was extremely skimpy. The pool was not well maintained and the water was milky.

This hotel does not deserve to bear the name "Ramada".

Room Tip: Don't chose this location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

4 Thank Loiselles
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Clean and convenient with just the right assortment of amenities. Easily accessible to a wide variety of shopping, restaurants and professional services. Wonderful staff...kind, attentive and thorough! Very reasonable rates...the best value in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Whitewater, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Didn't pay a lot, booked through online service. Older Hotel with some surface repair jobs. Room was adequate, but smelled like paint. Looked like bathroom has a cheap facelift of paint and shower surround installed. Painted right over drywall that is seperating. Beds were comfortable and breakfast area was good. Hallways and entrance were clean and staff was vary helpfull. In setting out breakfast they were always putting on gloves and never handled the food.
Would stay again for the price. Would not pay over $100 though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed here due to price - at least $30 less than comparable hotels. Room was adequate, not so much small as overfilled with furnishings too large for the room. It looks like there have been a number of patchwork repairs and paint jobs rather than a recent remodel, but the carpet appears to be newer and clean.

The room and stairwell had a funky smell. Beds were comfy with lots of big pillows and it was pretty quiet. Breakfast room was a mess (full of teen-aged girls) and there was nearly nothing left, but when I asked the young man at the desk, he promptly replenished the food and juice. I found the staff pleasant and attentive.

If you are looking for a great price with average amenities, this is a good option.

Not easy to find - even with the GPS.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed here after encountering no vacancies at several area hotels costing 3 to 4 times as much. The place is a bit old and worn, but my room was comfortable and clean. After the first night, I stayed an additional night rather than look for another place.

Considering the low price, this place is a bargain. But it won't win any beauty awards. Try to get an upper level room to avoid engine and car lights right outside your window.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper level room to avoid engine and car lights right outside your window.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
ramada2111, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us even though we were not your first choice. Whether you found us by chance or other means, we are pleased to be an alternative to pricier hotels in the area yet still able to provide the value and quality of clean comfortable accomodations. We are also grateful for the tip you shared about taking the upper level room to avoid noise and car headbeams. We welcome and appreciate all suggestions that will help ensure guest satisfaction but in case you were not aware, we do provide window curtains with black out panels to keep out bright light. Again, thank you and we hope to see you return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Waukesha
The Country Springs Hotel
Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield
BEST WESTERN Waukesha Grand

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha? Share your experiences!