“Gluten Free Options but Boring” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Key Westconsin - CLOSED

Key Westconsin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Evanston, Illinois
“Gluten Free Options but Boring”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We met our friends here and where pleased with the service. There was nothing to exciting about the menu, the food was average and the deserts where very disappointing. Our gluten free friend told us she was happy to have something like this near by.

Visited July 2014

Waukesha
“Food was good, service was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

First time we tried this with a large group of friends. WE had 8 people dining and they decided to stick us with a new server on a Friday night. Took a long time to get our drink order. WE ordered appetizers and they took forever to bring out. Some people got soup and others got salad with their entre. They didn't bring the soup and salads out together. First Soup, then a long time on the salad. When I got my salad, my entre came out. I hate that!! Undecided if we will return, however they do have Saturday night Surf and Turf for $19.95.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Bewildered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We past by this establishment every Saturday at the Farmer's Market and there always seems to have pretty good traffic. We decided to give it a try today and sat inside since the patio tables were full at the time.

We ordered the Philly Steak and Chicken sandwiches. We are not sophisticated Foodies but these were nothing spectacular. The bread was a little stale, the chicken was dry, and the steak didn't have much flavor at all. We didn't understand why these dishes took 25 minutes to arrive and if that was all there was to the meal.

We never saw our waitress again after our food was delivered. Never had our water refilled and only got the attention of one of the other workers when we piled our dishes for them. There were 4-5 workers working the dinning room and there were only 5 tables seated indoors and the patio was emptying out. There were two tables next to us that we're never cleaned off from the time we sat down till we left.

The food was tolerable, but the service was not. The lady that brought out check was nice enough, but our experience left us absolutely bewildered. We love dining at locally owned establishments and hope this was just an off day for them. None the less, we were left with a very bad aftertaste.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mimi R
Dane, Wisconsin
“Try the scallop B.L.T. sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I make it a point to eat at lunch at Key Wisconsin every chance I can. When the weather is nice I sit outside and enjoy the quiet street fronting on the Fox River. If you have a chance say hi to the owners. Rita makes me feel like an old friend every time she sees me. I am not a high profile individual so I trust she must know and treat all her regulars the same . . . like friends. If you do not have a favorite sandwich, you should try the Scallop B.L.T. sandwich and pick the sweet potato fries as your side. That will become your favorite sandwich. The scallops are cooked to perfection (sweet/tender) and they are a perfect compliment to the crisp bacon strips . . . and all on a great hoagie roll. If still hungry, I recommend the key lime pie. My wife requests that I bring home a slice every time I stop.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Key West, Florida
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went to Key Westconsin for a business lunch on a Friday; there were only four of us so not really a big group to handle. Our server took our drink order promptly and then came back for our lunch orders, however after waiting a good 15 minutes for lunch (we were one of two tables occupied) our waiter came back to tell us they were out of the sweet potato fries each of us had ordered and asked if they could substitute regular fries - not a big deal, but did it really take them 15 minutes to figure that out? After another 15 minutes had passed we finally got our food. I had the crab cakes and they were very bland and disappointing. What was worse was when the waiter set our food down he dropped the cup of ketchup off the plate and it splattered all over my pants! Now I understand accidents happen, but he didn't even acknowledge what had happened, even when I asked for extra napkins to clean myself up; I was shocked! I will not be going back there!

• Visited July 2013