“Try the scallop B.L.T. sandwich!”
Review of Key Westconsin - CLOSED

Key Westconsin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I make it a point to eat at lunch at Key Wisconsin every chance I can. When the weather is nice I sit outside and enjoy the quiet street fronting on the Fox River. If you have a chance say hi to the owners. Rita makes me feel like an old friend every time she sees me. I am not a high profile individual so I trust she must know and treat all her regulars the same . . . like friends. If you do not have a favorite sandwich, you should try the Scallop B.L.T. sandwich and pick the sweet potato fries as your side. That will become your favorite sandwich. The scallops are cooked to perfection (sweet/tender) and they are a perfect compliment to the crisp bacon strips . . . and all on a great hoagie roll. If still hungry, I recommend the key lime pie. My wife requests that I bring home a slice every time I stop.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went to Key Westconsin for a business lunch on a Friday; there were only four of us so not really a big group to handle. Our server took our drink order promptly and then came back for our lunch orders, however after waiting a good 15 minutes for lunch (we were one of two tables occupied) our waiter came back to tell us they were out of the sweet potato fries each of us had ordered and asked if they could substitute regular fries - not a big deal, but did it really take them 15 minutes to figure that out? After another 15 minutes had passed we finally got our food. I had the crab cakes and they were very bland and disappointing. What was worse was when the waiter set our food down he dropped the cup of ketchup off the plate and it splattered all over my pants! Now I understand accidents happen, but he didn't even acknowledge what had happened, even when I asked for extra napkins to clean myself up; I was shocked! I will not be going back there!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I have enjoyed Key Westconsin twice in the last few months. Each time we were treated like real guests at this small and welcoming restaurant. A bit hard to find if you're not familiar with Waukesha and it's one way streets but well worth the one way streets.
Our first visit included wonderful tropical fruit drinks and their SurfnTurf dinner. Our steaks were good and the lobster, small but very tasty. Our second visit included coconut shrimp, Seafood casserole, and saur=ted scallops. We enjoyed every bite of our meals. The second evening we were there, we enjoyed live music by a young man who preformed a lounge style act. Many of the guests sang along to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin and more. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their visit. As our evening ended we were pleasantly surprised by the owner and his wife. They thanked us for visiting, wished us a pleasant evening and apologized for our difficulty in finding their restaurant. We were given some pointers on getting there much easier for our future visits. We will be back!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We eat at Key Wisconsin every few months and enjoy sitting outside or at the bar. The owners have set the standard for customer service. If you own a restaurant and can't figure out how to treat your customers, visit Key Wisconsin in Waukesha and take a course in how we like to be treated.

Anyways, the food is good, drinks are great, and the service is the best. I do think the prices are just a tad (maybe 15%) to high for this area but I'm ok with it as Key Wisconsin is such an enjoyable place to eat.

Now that I'm thinking of it I think we might head down there tonight :)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a bad experience here the first time at lunch with a friend and one of my daughters...poor service, bad waitress, food just fair, the entire experience terrible When we finally got the bill...and the waitress took 30 minutes to come back for us to pay, (She was too busy on her cell phone, and we were the ONLY customers there at the time) I was sure they had seen me there for the last time!. I actually wrote a letter to the owners, very kind and diplomatic, but just explaining our experience, as it was obvious the owners were not present. I felt if I owned the place, I would hope someone would tell me so the problem would be rectified. It was...I got a phone call and a letter from the owners, and last week my husband and I gave it a shot. We were greeted by the owners, and had a wonderful lunch...and were thanked for the letter. This time the food, service and company were great, and the seafood very fresh and cooked to perfection. The KeyWestconsin Colada (Rum and Keke Beach Liquor) a "Green Thing" was excellent. We will absolutely return, next time for dinner!