“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

After trying a couple of dinners there, my gf and I aren't likely to go back anytime soon. Both service and the food were really a letdown.

4  Thank joediner99Waukesha

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I visited at lunch. I ordered soup, salad, and cheesy garlic bread (which turned out to be two thin rounds of a baguette). He ordered seafood sliders. We both left hungry. In fact,my husband stopped at a gas station on the way home for a sandwich! We are not big eaters, and this has never happened to us before. We would have mentioned something to the server or one of the owners, who were present, but no one came to our table to ask how our meal was. I like to support local businesses; I like to try new places; but are many other places to spend my money and get reasonable value..

1  Thank TerreWaukesha
Reviewed July 23, 2012

THe atmosphere was great, the entertainment wonderful, and the meal was fantastic!!!! I had surf and turf and my husband had the shrimp. It was so delicious and the cost was so reasonable!!! Where can you get steak and lobster for under $20? We also had the key lime pie. Don't miss this place!!!! The service was also very good.

3  Thank Lynn D
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I went to Key Westconsin for lunch. We had crab cake sliders, scallop B-L-T, and two cups of the crab bisque, followed by Key Lime pie (which we split). The sliders consisted of two very good (and reasonable sized) crab cakes with a choice of sides (french fries were chosen). The scallop B-L-T was served on a large bun with plenty of tasty scallops, bacon, lettuce, and tomato (potato salad was chosen for a side). It was particularly good. The service was attentive and friendly. The prices were reasonable. The decor is "island" (palm trees, etc) and is done in a fun way - we have been to Key West and there are actually places like this in the Florida Keys. There is outdoor dining, but it was too windy to use during our visit.

3  Thank Steve C
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Key Westconsin

Some of the best restaurants in the world are those that make you feel like you’re at home. This summer, I traveled while visiting family in Wisconsin, we went to Key Westconsin for dinner. Myself and 10 other members of my family ordered much of the menu. For appetizers we ordered the steak flatbreads, coconut shrimp, crab crostini, and my personal favorite bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Everything was delicious and presented in such a fun and friendly way you couldn’t help but want to share with everyone.
For dinner I had the scallops west, which is 3 beautiful scallops each set atop a potato pancake with a lime hollandaise sauce with bacon. It was light and delicious, leaving me pleasantly full while using what was left of the potato pancake to soak up the lime hollandaise sauce. Below is a picture taken from the website of the meal.

The other members of my family enjoyed dishes such as whitefish, seafood casserole, Outbanks crab cakes, and lobster benedict. All of which were raved about and completely finished.
Owners Gary and Rita Krivo’s hospitality make you feel like you are eating at their home in Key West does not go unnoticed. Their kindhearted personality and passion for their new restaurant is apparent when you walk in the door. The décor doesn’t make you seem like you are in Waukesha Wisconsin, but on the beautiful island of Key West. The lighthouses that are hand painted by Gary are a reflection of his passion for lighthouses and give you a sense of their relaxing personality.
After leaving Key Westconsin that night and heading back to my home state of New Jersey, I couldn’t help but think of Key Westconsin. It is simply a friendly and delicious seafood restaurant that through its food allows you to feel like we all want to feel when we go out to dinner, at home without actually doing the dishes.

5  Thank EKM1289