“Relaxing Mellow Atmosphere”

Generations at 5 Points Cafe & Lounge
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a small Martini Bar/restaurant on Main Street in Downtown Waukesha. The decor is contemporary and intimate with comfortable seating areas, small tables and very pleasant lighting. The menu has a wonderful selection of unique and very tasty hors'd ouerves and meals. I have never had a bad meal, drink or service there. In summer you can enjoy outdoor seating and people watch all of the locals and visitors as they pass by. The music is mellow, usually jazz and it is the perfect place to kick back, relax and let your worries melt away.

There are newer reviews for Generations at 5 Points Cafe & Lounge

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wow!! The ever changing Tapas menu was great. Fresh baked bread with Bacon and Scallion butter was a great way to start. The Cranberry Cream Cheese crusted pork tenderloin was so tender you almost didn't need a knife. Spiced Scallops were perfect. So many times you go to a place and the waiter/waitress seems less than enthusiastic, but Allie our waitress was full of energy and offered some excellent suggestions. 45 minute ride to get there, but worth the drive. We will be back.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have eaten here several times when in Waukesha and I am constantly surprised at the high quality and inventiveness of the food served here. I honestly wish we had a place like this in Los Angeles.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went into Generations during a friday night festival. It was completely packed, my girlfriend and I were informed it would be about a half hour to 45 minute wait, having spent a lot of time in Chicago over the last few years that did not seem like that bad of a thing. I was amazed at how nice the staff was in spite of the large number of people, (and I even saw one of the hosts go behind the bar to wash dishes, which was great to see a place where everyone was working hard). After we were seated, our server was very polite and the food was excellent! We shared a bread service, fried goat cheese and the chicken pesto pasta. I was quite impressed at the quality of the food, far exceeding my expectations!

After dinner I got a chance to speak to one of the bartenders and he told me that this was a family owned place and most of the family worked there. I really appreciated him taking the time to talk with me since I could see how busy he was, in fact while he was talking he was making drink after drink. I can't wait until I am back in WI and will definitely stop here again. Generations has a very cool look inside, very much what I am used to in Chicago. I will definitely be recommending this place to my friends that travel up to the Wisconsin area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having been to Generations frequently over the past few years, we will not return again. Over the past few months, the quality of the service and the food has declined. During our past two visits we have experienced a change in the flavors of the food. What once appeared to be fresh and made in the Resturant has taken on flavors of coming from canned or store bought products. On Friday Night my Family and I arrived shortly after 7:15 PM. We were shown to a table around 7:45 PM. We did not receive a visit from a server until almost 8:10 PM and this was only due to a host realizing that the table that was sat after us already received their drinks and salads. A manager arrived at our table around 8:30 PM and asked how were were doing. At this point we still did not receive our drinks. She appologized and said that she would remove the round of drinks from the bill. The service from this point continued to decline and the meal took Two hours for a party of four to complete. When we received our final bill, we realized that the Manager only removed Two of the Sodas off of the bill. We ened up walking up to the bar to pay our bill because the server never returned.

Having hosted small and large parties for Family, Friends, and local Fund Raising Groups here, the quality has greatly gone down hill. At this time I would NOT recommend this resturant to anyone looking for a place to dine in Waukesha! With so many other choices in Waukesha, Please supprt one of the other local resturants before dining here.

1  Thank SorceJ74