“Nice place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Nice place!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went into Generations during a friday night festival. It was completely packed, my girlfriend and I were informed it would be about a half hour to 45 minute wait, having spent a lot of time in Chicago over the last few years that did not seem like that bad of a thing. I was amazed at how nice the staff was in spite of the large number of people, (and I even saw one of the hosts go behind the bar to wash dishes, which was great to see a place where everyone was working hard). After we were seated, our server was very polite and the food was excellent! We shared a bread service, fried goat cheese and the chicken pesto pasta. I was quite impressed at the quality of the food, far exceeding my expectations!

After dinner I got a chance to speak to one of the bartenders and he told me that this was a family owned place and most of the family worked there. I really appreciated him taking the time to talk with me since I could see how busy he was, in fact while he was talking he was making drink after drink. I can't wait until I am back in WI and will definitely stop here again. Generations has a very cool look inside, very much what I am used to in Chicago. I will definitely be recommending this place to my friends that travel up to the Wisconsin area.

• Visited June 2013

Waukesha, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will Not Return!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having been to Generations frequently over the past few years, we will not return again. Over the past few months, the quality of the service and the food has declined. During our past two visits we have experienced a change in the flavors of the food. What once appeared to be fresh and made in the Resturant has taken on flavors of coming from canned or store bought products. On Friday Night my Family and I arrived shortly after 7:15 PM. We were shown to a table around 7:45 PM. We did not receive a visit from a server until almost 8:10 PM and this was only due to a host realizing that the table that was sat after us already received their drinks and salads. A manager arrived at our table around 8:30 PM and asked how were were doing. At this point we still did not receive our drinks. She appologized and said that she would remove the round of drinks from the bill. The service from this point continued to decline and the meal took Two hours for a party of four to complete. When we received our final bill, we realized that the Manager only removed Two of the Sodas off of the bill. We ened up walking up to the bar to pay our bill because the server never returned.

Having hosted small and large parties for Family, Friends, and local Fund Raising Groups here, the quality has greatly gone down hill. At this time I would NOT recommend this resturant to anyone looking for a place to dine in Waukesha! With so many other choices in Waukesha, Please supprt one of the other local resturants before dining here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SorceJ74
milwaukee
“Ongoing Favorite”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been here dozens of times over the years, and have never been disappointed.

Their menu staples are well done and always a treat.

Then there are the items that rotate through the menu monthly.. those are creative and fun treats that you should get while you can.

The small selection of beer taps is well chosen, and their mixed drinks are always very well done.

The service has always been knowledgable, helpful, attentive and pleasant.

This is a place that deserves far more attention than they get given the quality of the food, service and the value of their offerings. (However we kind of like that most nights we can easily get tables or seats at the bar. :) Keep in mind that may not hold true for some Fridays and Saturdays.)

• Visited April 2013
Sarah J, Manager at Generations at 5 Points Cafe & Lounge, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We're very happy to hear about your experiences with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to share these experiences with others.
“Keep it up!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The food, service and atmosphere is amazing. Keep doing it please! I don't like driving to Milwaukee for great food.

1 Thank KarlyMae
Sarah J, Manager at Generations at 5 Points Cafe & Lounge, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We're so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Garland, Texas
“Good food. Caters to locals”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Great scallops ,creamy risotto and perfect asparagus. Key lime pie is good as well. Iwas watching the olympics when a local came in and demanded it be changed to the game. Paid my check and rushed back to my hotel so i could see them.