“I was not pleased by anything at all”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
wisconsin
“I was not pleased by anything at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

my wife and I stayed there to celebrate our anniversary. when we came home we felt worse than when we got there. the water park is a toddlers place, nothing for adults even the hot tube was small and full of kids. we stayed in the presidential suite it cost $13 to rent a movie. kids banged on our door at midnight, room service said I had to walk across the hotel to get a cork screw, when I did they said I had to bring my bottle to them to open. food, menu was limited and the food was average but over priced. I spent $250 dollars on one night and I cant think of one positive thing. and also the maid walked into our room an hour before checkout when we had the sign on the door and she didn't knock. I will never recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank traveler041387

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

Stayed for a company party. Booked a king room and was put in the executive house wing. Don't let the title fool you. I booked a king room and got a room with two double beds. Complained but there wasn't any king rooms left. Room was clean but very outdated and beds looked like they came from someones cabin. No microwave or mini fridge like the king rooms but room was the same price. Did not use the water park.

• Stayed January 2010
4 Thank fjp63

Travelers are raving about these Waukesha hotels

waukesha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

I recently had family in town from AZ and we needed something to do so we went to the water park at Country Springs. After about 20 minutes there, the power went out. We waited for an hour for it to be turned back on and eventually they said they would hand out vouchers. Since I only went cause my extended family wanted to go, I asked if we could get a refund back. They had no problem doing it from my out of town relatives, even though they claim it was against policy, but they would not do it for me. After politely talking to two managers, they eventually got irritated with my persistence and kicked me out saying "finally, get the hell out of here." Did not even get the voucher that they should have gave me.

This was by far the worst service that I only had, and it would have ended quickly if they would have refunded my money and let me be on the way.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank dukesoccer
Madison,WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night for a wedding. I called and requested an early check-in and was told that the room would be ready at noon. When I got there I was told it was almost ready, check back in 15 minutes. Every time I asked at the front desk I got the same answer "they are working on it right now, check back in 15 minutes." It was after the official check in time of 4:00 that it was finally ready and even then, we were surprised to find the maid still vaccuming the room. Keep in mind that I was in the bridal party and had to be ready by 5:00! Even after she left though there was food on the carpet. The whirlpool tub did not work. The furniture looked like it was from the 50's. The waterpark was small. On the bright side, the food at the reception was excellent, our room was spacious, and the manager did give us a discount since the whirlpool did not work.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank haveagoodtime
burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

My husband and I got married there 10/04/2008 and the staff was very helpful and nice to not only us but our guest as well. We chose to go there for our wedding because my husband's step brother had is wedding there the year before. The prices are very reaonable and the rooms and service were excellent. We decided that we will go there for our anniversary every year. The check in and check out process was very easy and friendly. The pool area (not the waterpark) was very clean and well maintained. When asked for a rollaway bed the night before it was there right away. I recommand Country Springs to anyone not just for a wedding but for a enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank bigday1004
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

My fiance and I stayed here on 2/15-2/16 which is a holiday weekend. (valentines and presidents day). With that in mind, the place was a free for all of kids...wow. Apparently they host birthday party's and other events for kids at the waterpark and you don't have to stay at the hotel to attend the waterpark. So aside from the tons of kids staying in the hotel, there were that many more in the waterpark.
We picked the Country Springs because we only had one night (close to Chicago) and they gave us a room for $99 which is very good for a holiday weekend. We've been to the Dells water parks but figured we would save money and try here.
The place overall was clean except for the restaurant/bar and the disgusting air vent in our bathroom. Aside from that our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel.
The waterpark was a mob scene, and really not that entertaining for adults like the Dell's parks are. This park is geared toward kids. We spent less than an hour in the waterpark where in the Dell's we'll spend most of the night. The slides are nothing exciting, no wave pool, and a lazy river that takes all of a few minutes to go through.
The food in the restaurant/bar was pretty good and a good price. And the beer selection is outstanding.
There is a second pool in the hotel for guests only which is so so and the hot tub is separate near the fitness room. This area was packed with kids even late at night so no hot tub for us.
The front desk staff was great, waterpark staff was not so good.
The continental breakfast was a take what you can get scene. I was waiting for a banana to get thrown at us. Very crowded with not a lot of food.
The worst part was probably the noise level. You can hear everything in the room next door which is great when they have loud kids at midnight. Paper thin walls.
This place might be nice for a family with kids during non peak hours but for a couple looking for a quick getaway...forget it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jcc36
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

First of all, I didn't want to use the water park, so I'm just reviewing the hotel. I actually just got married Feb 14th, 2009 and I had made reservations at the Delafield Hotel for the honeymoon. I read great reviews and was looking forward to the experience. I had about $950.00 in my account for the Delafield. We got to the Delafield hotel after about 5 hours of driving only to find out that the hotel needed to authorize $1100.00 for our stay (not their fault, just inexperience on my part). I didn't have it so we were forced to leave which was embarrassing for me especially in front of my new wife.

We decided to drive from Delafield to Madison looking for hotels (you know those blue signs that say "Lodging") for another 3 hours. We gave up and decided to turn back. My wife actually pointed out Country Springs on the way back to Milwaukee. I called and asked if they had hot tubs in the room because she REALLY wanted one. They had an Executive room available with a hot tub when I called so we came in to get that room. They then told us that the Executive room was unavailable when we were checking in so we were given the Governor Suite at the Executive price.

Holy wow, the room was very clean and enormous. The hotel staff was friendly, even the guests (once you got past the screaming kids) were extremely pleasant. Parking was easy to find, and we were able to save about $600.00 off our original honeymoon price for the Governor Suite.

The only complaint I have (which is minor) is that the hot tub leaked to the room below us, so maintenance came and fixed it. However, they were in and out in about an hour (it was one guy in full hotel uniform) and they apologized profusely for the inconvenience. My wife and I are thinking of making this our "anniversary hotel"! I highly recommend only getting the hotel and staying in the Executive suites or higher!

Oh yeah, you get a complimentary breakfast, there are shops and "to-do's" around the area, and the room service menu comes straight from their in-house restaurant (serving from 6:30am until midnight).

• Liked — The hotel staff are extremely friendly
  • Disliked — The screaming kids
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mapa84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Wildwood Lodge
#5 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,794 reviews
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!