“One Of The Best Water Parks For Children”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Illinois
“One Of The Best Water Parks For Children”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hello -

I've stayed at water park resorts, previously to Country Springs. And in my opinion this one is the winner hands down!

Check-in went smoothly...I booked the Executive Suite via phone. They indicated there were no double beds, and I ordered one king and a roll away. NOTE: You have to pay in advance for your stay. So I asked what were the chances of a double becoming available, and was told none, since payment was due at time of the reservation. I asked at check in, and they had a room with doubles. So it worked out, I made the reservation the night before my next day arrival. I believe 48 hours cancellation is needed, call to ask I believe something as 25% or all is deducted if you need to cancel. I'm assuming management will chime in to my review and may clarify.

I'm happy with myself that I don't believe everything I read. The hotel is super clean and not dirty and no scary or dark dirty carpet. In my opinion the carpet has a very nice design through out the resort, some may not like it. The rooms were clean and spacious. The Executive suite had a very large/huge bathroom, which was very very nice. Marble floors and counter. With dual sinks, a TV, large Jacuzzi, separate bathroom stall, separate shower.

A counter area with sink, coffee maker and coffee and two ceramic coffee cups. The coldest fridge I ever had in a hotel. Small and enough for a bottle of wine, ect.

Comfy beds, and never heard any kids running in halls. Safe in room, but ask for the key prior to leaving the front desk.

Upon driving into resort I saw some corner rooms had outside balconies. I didn't have one.

Water Park-

WOW!

One area for Children has so so so many different gadgets of water spraying out! Very nice for them! A slide that was a big hit, and the line moves quick. Depends on how many are in line.

Another hit was the big barrel that fills up every four minutes ( I timed it :-) ) which dumps massive water onto a roof and it pours out to all waiting for it! A main pool with four basket ball hoops, this pool was full. The inner tube slide is about four stories tall. And a small lazy river, yet fun.

A lot of tables to find and a few loungers.

A very nice hot tub that goes out doors.

They have a small restaurant with Pizza, Burgers, Slushies, Ice Cream and dots.

They have life jackets for kids free for your visit and small standard white towels with that colored stripe in middle.

A very large locker room with four shower stalls.

The Arcade Room was a big hit, upstairs from the Water Park, within eyes view.

"The boys and girls club" was there for the day. And it was crowded say from 11:00- 2ish, and then it got empty. But the camps, ect. was expected.

The Triple Play package is so worth purchasing. One Pizza, four pops, 40 tokens for Arcade, one drink free when one is purchased.

They have two restaurants, one is more with a ambiance of dimmer lights, and a cool design for the bar counter, almost like a corner of it has a zig zag counter.

The other is more lit up and nice as well.

I did not do the continental breakfast. Restaurants out of the resort are very close.

I would recommend this resort to anyone, and I will be going back many more times. It was fun.

1 Thank 1PalapasOnTheBeach
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear 1UmbrellasOnTheBeach:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Country Springs Hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback and are so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay in an Executive Suite and found it to be spacious, comfortable and clean.

Regarding your comment about our cancellation policy, I would be happy to clarify for people that read your review. Reservations cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the arrival date will be refunded the advance deposit less a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit.

As for your review of the water park, we are so glad you found it to be, “One of the best water parks for children.” It sounds like your family enjoyed the attractions and food outlets inside the water park. I am also glad to hear that the arcade was a huge hit with your family!

Thank you again for choosing Country Springs Hotel! We look forward to having you and your family visit us again in the near future! Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went on a weekday and had a great time! It was pleasantly uncrowded, but that is probably because we didn't use the water park until after 6PM. It was not like one of the giant water parks that you'd find in the Dells, but it was perfect for our group which included a 3 year old and a 16 month old. The three year old was even able to go down one of the large water slides on a raft with an adult. He LOVED it! It was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel portion was decent, although our "renovated" room could have used some updated bedding, curtains, etc. The hotel staff was friendly and responsive to our requests. $109 for the room and 5 water park passes is a great value! A decent continental breakfast is included on weekdays, too.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear TravelNow22,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Country Springs Hotel. We are so glad to hear that you and your group had a great time in the water park and agree that our water park packages are a great value. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future!

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Took my daughter and a few friends here for her birthday - $150 for a Friday night stay for 5 (1 adult, 4 kids) including waterpark passes was a great rate compared to other area hotels with only a pool. The room was clean, waterpark was a comfortable temp. & well-staffed, my only complaint was the wifi didn't reach our room. Surprised by how spacious the hotel and meeting/banquet rooms were - occasionally got a little turned around in the massive hallways! But, definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear TravellinZs:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and water park to be well staffed. We apologize for the issue you encountered with the WiFi reaching your guest room and just finished adding additional antennas to resolve that issue. Thank you for celebrating your daughter’s birthday at the Country Springs Hotel! We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Chicago area
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was a bit concerned when I read other reviews of this hotel, since I had booked it through a third party discount website. But the price was right, and we weren't looking for a luxurious property. I'm not sure why in some places the city is listed as Waukesha and when we booked it was listed as Pewaukee, but it did seem a bit out of the way. That said, this would probably be a great place to visit if you have children; there is a hotel pool that looked lovely (and crowded on a Friday night) and an attached indoor water park. We checked in pretty late, and were given a room way in the back ("executive" area). It seems like it is probably the quietest area. Noise was not an issue, although we slept with the AC on. When I walked around in the early morning, however, I was surprised by the level of noise that children were making, walking the halls and even in their rooms. There were also three weddings going on later that day; it seems like a very busy property. I liked the fridge and microwave in the room, and there was a coffee maker, too. The beds were very comfortable, even though I don't like those polyester bedspreads and questionable blankets. All in all, it was a good value for what we paid, and the staff was great. Just be prepared to deal with some potentially noisy situations...

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise, try asking for "executive" area...or be clear that you need so...
1 Thank Chicagomom5
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

After checking in, I got the scoop from the bartender: During the week it's business people...on the weekend it's an insane family water park (unfortunately, I'm staying here on a Friday night). Staff is excellent, rooms are clean but the atmosphere is loud, crazy and LOTS of unattended kids (like the ones yelling and playing soccer in the hallway). Can't blame the hotel or staff much...shame on the parents! Had I known this was a "close to Milwaukee answer to Wisconsin Dells", I would have steered way clear of this kiddie infested disaster!

Stayed August 2014
Dear MNTravelGuy213:

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. Country Springs Hotel takes pride in being able to attract guests to the property for a variety of reasons. Whether celebrating a child’s birthday party in the water park, enjoying an overnight getaway, traveling for business or hosting a wedding reception, the Country Springs Hotel strives to make each guest experience positive and memorable. We are happy to hear that during your stay you found our staff to be excellent and rooms to be clean. We apologize for the issues your experienced with noise in the hallways and would like to note that our onsite security team is available to handle any complaints. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We attended a family wedding held outdoors in the gazebo on the hotel property, a lovely spot for such an occasion. Many in the family spent the week-end at Country Springs making it very convenient and avoiding the need to travel from local to local for events. Many of us arrived on Friday and some had taken executive suites (priced only a little more that a regular room) to share which made it nice for hosting impromptu family gatherings in some of the rooms. We found all the rooms to be just fine and noise not a problem. A group of us ate in the hotel restaurant/bar Friday evening and were very pleasantly surprised at the food quality and choices available. Not the usual ho-hum hotel fare and we had fun perusing the menu of 100 beers offered. Excellent onion rings on an appetizer sampler. The wedding reception was held in one of two "grand ballrooms" available and everything was lovely and ran smoothly from our point of view as guests. A cocktail hour preceded the dinner and dancing in a roomy bar area that allowed for congenial mingling and appetizers just outside the ballroom. Service was friendly and efficient with very little waiting at the bar and dinner being served to all tables about the same time. The food at the reception was very good and we enjoyed the late night snacks provided as the party went into the later evening. Nice to be able to gather for breakfast/brunch right at the hotel and say our good-byes too.
We would recommend this as a wedding venue, family gathering (no time to try the water park but it looked well maintained and sounded like fun), business conference or just a place to stay or eat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ECandC
Dear ECandC:

Thank you for writing a review about the wedding you attended at Country Springs Hotel. We are glad that you found the entire experience to be convenient and enjoyable. We appreciate your positive comments about our executive suites, Coppers Pub & Grill and Wildflowers Restaurant. Additionally, we are pleased to hear that both the ceremony in the Gazebo and reception in the Grand Ballroom were lovely. Thank you again for recommending Country Springs Hotel!

wilmington, de
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was nervous about staying at this hotel after reading some reviews on this site. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel and resort. We were driving from Minneapolis to Chicago and needed a place to crash overnight. We have 7 year old twins and wanted to have a place they could play after a long ride. Well, we couldn't have picked better. The water park was one of the best run and safest I have ever been to. It is well contained with fun slides and excellent life guarding so if I couldn't see them at all times I knew they were safe. They played from the time we arrived until close, we had to drag them out of there at 9pm and they are begging to go back on our next trip. The hotel is fine. Its not a 4 star hotel, but they don't pretend to be. For $109.00 we got a room and 5 free passes to the water park for the entire length of our stay. I don't know about the Midwest, but in the East we'd pay more than $109.00 a day just for the water park. So people who are saying this is overpriced are crazy!!! The doors of the hotel rooms are thin and do let in a lot of noise so if you are noise sensitive, just ask for a room away from traffic and maybe bring earplugs. The room was basically clean but there were some gross stains on the comforter and the side of one of the sheets. We had no issues with temperature control and guest services was always quick to respond on the phone. The bathrooms and towels were very clean, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The continental breakfast was decent. We will definitely visit again. Hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear travelersde:

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Country Springs Hotel. We are glad that you and your children enjoyed the water park and appreciate your comments about how safe and well run the park is. Guest safety is always a top priority and our lifeguards take that responsibility very seriously. We are happy to hear that you found your stay to be a great value and that your children are looking forward to visiting again!

Thank you again!
twoodward@countryspringshotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Milwaukee Marriott West
Milwaukee Marriott West
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!