“Nice Bartender”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I would like to say thanks to Perry. I was attending my nephews wedding and Perry was so polite and professional. I would say he top's any employee in the business of Bar Keepers. I know there is so many people that attended that did say the same. He was wonderful and could not of asked for better hospitality. Diane

Room Tip: I did not stay over night.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Diane H

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at your hotel 08/13/2011. At check out we complained of the sheets being soiled.
The clerk offered no apology just asked if we at time to fill out a complaint card. My wife Janet did fill out the card. We still are waiting for apology of some kind. Or you don't read your comment cards very poor rating for hotel & staff.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dale38210
Reviewed August 27, 2011

First the pro's:
1 - the staff was very friendly
2 - the rooms were clean
3 - the game room was nice
Now the con's:
1 - the pool is open to the public. On our second day at the pool, about 100 daycare kids (not exaggerating) entered the pool area from the various daycares in their color coordinated t-shirts. They are dropped off by bus each day. This meant long lines and full pools. We ended up leaving and coming back at 3pm at which time they had all left.
2 - to get to the slides in the pool area, you have to climb four flights of stairs. So each time you want to go down a slide (there are three), you have to climb four flights of stairs. Understandable but tiresome. And there is no handicap access to the slides that we could find.
3 - the beds are very uncomfortable. Even our children said the beds did not allow for even a decent night's sleep.
4 - there were quite a few lifeguards at the waterpark who were all very attentive.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if any daycares or schools are booked for the days you plan to be at this hotel fo...
1  Thank fdlfan
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We loved it. It was the best hotel we've stayed in , in a long time. I was worried that it my have diminished after being open for so many years. We went with low hopes, only because I didn't want to leave the animals alone longer than 1 night . Less than 30 min away, it was a great get away before school and enjoyed more than I thought we would. Rooms were clean and staff were excellent. We will be back again. The water park doesn't open till 10:00 the next morn, but we checked out and swam till 2.

1  Thank zookeeper84
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here because of wedding. We had a regular room with 2 beds.

Pros - clean for the most part, location, nice wedding banquet rooms, adequate parking, pool (nice and not crowded)

Cons - small room (not much elbow room), tiny bathroom (only 1 sink with hardly any countertop space), dingy small shower, not very handicapped friendly as there was an oddly located elevator which required tons of extra walking and no power handicapped doors, price to use water facility was overpriced,

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but wouldn't avoid it either...

Room Tip: Ask for waterpark passes to be included when you book the room
1  Thank OurFamOfFive
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Very friendly staff, both at the front desk and in the ballroom reception areas. Bartenders
we fast, professional, and courteous. Motel is slightly dated...room ventilation/heat was hard to regulate. Our pool and waterpark experience was fantastic! Very attentive life guards walk constantly around every inch of the water park, scanning for children, and correct any unallowed activity. We were impressed! Any family would throughly enjoy this waterpark, from very young to the Grandma and Grandpa like us. Continental breakfast was very plentiful, w/fruit.cereal, bagels, sweetrolls, muffins,coffee, etc. Lots of seating too, which is unusual at most newer hotels. We'd love to visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor near/around pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank johnsdi
Reviewed April 27, 2011

When I first arrived at the hotel on the Friday 25th Feb. I was happy and liked the size of the rooms and hotel. But as I stayed at the hotel my whole impression changed quickly. Me, my girlfriend, her brother and sister wanted to do something nice for the kids because they got good grades. Some of the people that stayed there looked at us funny and rude because we was one of the few black families out there. Im usually one of those kind of people who gets along with everyone no mater who you are. The pool was ok maybe more kids than I expected. The food was a little pricey. The bar was ok. The rooms was big but I didn't get to enjoy long. As soon as me and my girlfriend got settled in some kids kept knocking on our doors and playing around and me girlfriend first called the front desk and real nicely asked to find who kids are running the hallway and knocking on the doors. Then what really got me going was that me and my girlfriend was trying to have some alone time we were playing our music and I have small walmart stereo that does not have any bass or anything low sound and everything. Then I get a knock from the security at rm 129 to keep it down because the people next door keep complaining. So me and my girlfriend out of respect turned the music down. Then five minutes some kids kept knocking on our door playing around. Then the security came back and threatened us and said the people next door keep complaining. Then my girlfriend already disturbed by these people next door and kids playing at our door and us drinking trying enjoy ourselves peacefully like we thought we could, she snapped on the kids out anger and told them to go there rooms. Then the manager put us out and called the cops on us. What embrassement. I advise anyone who African American to be careful when you out here, it's alot of prejudice at this hotel and its shame because it's 2011 I can't believe it's people still like that. Thank God for the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay, Jamiaca 360 degree turn around I just got back from a 7 seven day all inclusive trip. The people was very friendly all parts of the world and our country. No prejudice just friendly people smiling and having fun. The super 8 me and my parents stayed at before we left for Jamiaca was better than country springs inn. Way better front staff and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank anytahha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!