“The good and the bad, but not ugly.”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed October 4, 2007

All and all, I enjoyed my 2 night stay.
The bad: Customer service mishaps...
When reserving the room I was told I was paying 1 night with the water park and one night without the water park price... but upon check in, I was being charged for 2 nights with water park until I questioned the charge (and I checked in at 8:15pm; the water park closed at 8pm).
I was told to park and enter an entrance that was locked and the route that was drawn on my property map led to a loading dock.
They did not have swim diapers to sell.
The woman at the desk was just short of being rude during check-out, and there was no quick checkout process that I came across.

The good:
The room 3116 was very nice. Loved the lay-out. Homey and sophisticated decor. Highly recommend the rooms in the Executive House.
The marble bathroom was luxurious with a TV infront of the whirlpool (which would comfortably accomodate 1 adult or 2 skinny midgets). Lots of towels were provided. Plenty of storage to keep toiletries off the counter.
Comfortable bed. The pullout sofa was also surprisingly comfy... for a hide-a-bed.
Loved the room service. Prices are the same as if you were to go down to the in house restaurant, but there is a 15% charge for room service (don't forget you have to tip, also). Having 2 small childern, I didn't mind paying for not having to deal with them in a restaurant environment. The food was good (I ordered the ruben and fruit plate for lunch AND dinner). The pretzel coated chicken dinner was also delicious.
The water park was clean with a wide range of intensity for the rides, although I don't think it is worth it for children under 5 yrs. There were more life guards than patrons both times I went (once in the late morning and once in the evening). They were watchful, but not annoying. They offer free life vests for children.
The waterpark price includes admission on your check out date. So you can check out at 11am, but still have access to the park for the entire day.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kushiott
There are newer reviews for The Country Springs Hotel

Reviewed August 8, 2007

Our family of 3 stayed here Aug 7-8. We contacted the hotel directly to book our room. We were able to get a great rate $99 per night in a standard room, including 4 waterpark passes. This is considerably cheaper than the rates advertised on Expedia, Travelocity and even the hotel reservations web page. So make a phone call to the hotel before you book on-line.

The waterpark was nice but didn't have many toddler items. Most of it was geared for kids over 4. We were VERY impressed with the lifeguards. Each pool had 3 or 4 guards and each one was very focused on the area assigned to them. Safety is obviously a top priority here. The snack bar in the waterpark was expensive ($30 for 3 hamburgers, soft drinks and cotton candy) but good. All areas were clean and well-maintained.

Our standard room (#112) was just recently updated with new carpet, wallpaper, tub and sink. All standard rooms DO have a microwave and refrigerator. No need to pay extra for them. Our room opened to the courtyard with patio tables and chairs. It was a nice place to have breakfast and read the paper.

The only real negative experience for us was Wildflowers restaurant. It was overpriced ($70 for the 3 of us) and basically tasteless. Service was slow and we couldn't figure out why - we were one of only three families in the restaurant and waiters/waitresses seemed abundant. But yet it took us over an hour to order and get our food. Don't waste your time or money here. Go off the property for dinner if you can.

Overall, this place is a nice option for families looking for something a little nicer than the standard hotel room. The waterpark is a fun and safe place for the kids to play and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank TaniaWisconsin
Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stayed at the Country Spring Inn July 5-7, 2007 with our 3 and 1 year old children and 12 year old neice. Room was a basic hotel room, but we paid $10.00 extra for mini-fridge and microwave. Room was clean, but basic. Hotel was older, but well kept. Free continental breakfast was adequate with cereal, fresh fruit, toast, muffins, pastries. Hotels normal pool area was small and dated, but clean. Water park was on the small side compared to a Kalahari type establishment, but also clean and well attended. Plenty of lifeguards and activites for kids and parents. Overall, would return if price was right (paid average of 129 per night for roo, breakfasts and waterpark passes).

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We stayed 2 nights in a Governor's Suite and tried all of the services. The waterpark is great, although it is only 1 acre, it is fine for kids under 12. I personally got board after a day and was looking for something else to do. The room was clean but you could tell it is outdated. We did get to see some standard rooms and could see the same appearnce in them. The in house restaurant was for older guests and we didn't want to take our kids to the pub/restaurant so we decided to go off property to dinner (thunder Bay Grille is great!). We would go again, but just for the day in the waterpark, the rest of the property was pricey for the value we received.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Lotsip
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We went to the Country Springs for a winter getaway. I booked the stay on Expedia for $129.00. When we arrived to check-in we were immediately informed that price did NOT include the water park. (I suspect this is the usual bait and switch technique, since it was the first thing she said to me) I told the clerk I did not see anything about that when I booked on-line. She said she would look into it and get back to me. I never heard from her again. I understand that some people don't want to pay for the waterpark, but my experience has always been (after staying in Wisconsin Dells several times) that it comes with the room. We ended up paying $189.00 for a very average motel room. Beware of the hidden fees! I wouldn't have stayed here if I had known the cost.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank themom84
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My husband and I and our sons (7&8) stayed in an executive suite with a dinner and waterpark package and were extremely happy with the Country Springs. The children were delighted with the waterpark, and even my husband and I would up having fun. The weather was miserably hot, so the indoor waterpark was a godsend. The staff allowed us to check in more than 3 hours early. Dinner was nice if a little slow at the Wildflower restaurant. The room was immaculate, the hot tub was fabulous, the service was amazing, a snack that I didn't realize was included with our package was delivered to our room after dinner, extra pillows were provided within 5 minutes of my request. The boys discovered the optional nintendo in the room without asking us, and the hotel removed the charges without a hitch. I was so happy with our stay that I bought T-shirts in the gift shop when we checked out. I can honestly say that this is the best hotel experience my family has had. I would absolutely come back again if I make it back to Wisconsin.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2006

Stayed just one night, mostly for the waterpark, which was great for kids ages 6 - 10. Our teens were a little bored, the younger kids loved it. The indoor-outdoor hot tub is nice. Check in is at 4:00pm we arrived at 3 and were told we needed to wait another hour, but we could go into the waterpark. We figured we might as well just wait, went back at 4 and the clerk said the room still was not ready. I told her we would expect an upgrade since they don't allow late check outs, but we would be checking in late. They suddenly found rooms available. The rooms are of the 1970 era very small and not too exciting, somewhat reminded me of a motel. They were clean however. I feel the rate we paid $199.00 for the night was excessive! I would not return at these rates.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank Complete_Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
The Clarke Hotel
The Clarke Hotel
#3 of 9 in Waukesha

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!