“Pizza to go”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2017

This is our go to place for ordering pizza to go. Always on time, always hot and delicious. We order it our way with no problem.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

We went out with a larger group for my friend's birthday. Right from the start it was a bad experience. They didn't seem enthusiastic to have us as customers, especially a group of us. It took them at least 20 minutes just to get a drink order in. Shortly after they took our food order. It took them over 45 minutes just to get salads! We asked to speak to a manager. The owner actually came to our take. When we said how diaappointed we were with the service, he blew it off and said trivia night was going on so things were backed up. That's a terrible cop-out! After that our food surprisingly came out immediately. Imagine that! I had the salmon, which wasn't too bad. I'm not sure what their definition of sauteed is, but the spinach definitely wasn't sauteed as the meu said. My friends got pizza. They said it really wasn't anything special.
With the bad service/long wait, I personally won't return. They need to work on being more courteous and actually value those who want to be their customers.

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

Not that busy for a Friday night. Wanted a booth which were available but hostess would not seat us in one because we only had 4 however the other booths also had parties of 4. Lighting was horrible could not see the menu, had to use my phone backlight to read it. It was so cold in the restaurant I had to eat with my jacket on the whole time even my kids were complaining it was cold. I had the fish fry which was very plain. The only thing that had any flavor was the coleslaw but it had SO MUCH pepper in it after the first bite that was enough!!

Reviewed January 26, 2017

This is a non-chain, one-off place, and it'll never run like a huge, nationally franchised restaurant. So please, stop wishing it were that. Once in a while, yeah, those kinds of places are helpful, especially with fussy people that require a deep menu, or larger groups during busy times. And yeah, a local place like Rock River can get a little swamped or (gasp) understaffed once in a while. So it goes.

That said, my family and I have been to this place at least 20 times in the past 2 years. The staff has been friendly and accommodating, without exception. The pizza has been good to excellent, without exception (though I do like some more than others, and as a thin crust guy that also loves red sauce, I always request extra sauce). The service has been good, though once in a while maybe a little slow, so again, if time is of the essence, maybe one of those chain places is a better choice (though I promise you I've had some painfully slow service at one of the big chains in town here, far worse than RR).

Recently I asked the owner if I could crash their bar on a Friday with maybe 35 people, for a surprise birthday thing for my wife. No problem, totally accommodating. Other guests in the bar were very nice. They rolled out a few rounds of 4 different pizzas, and garlic bread, and some boneless wings, and everyone loved it.

In summer, the outdoor seating is really pleasant and pretty spacious. The bar's decor is sort of upscale and contemporary, and they've got a nice selection back there. Bartenders are always good, and the owner often tends bar. The prices are right where they oughta be, pretty low relative to a Milwaukee or certainly Madison-area place, and a little higher than maybe some small town places. Overall I'm calling it a good value. Note that I often get a large 'monster' pizza when we're there, and take a bunch home, and it reheats really well.

So yeah, I like this place. They're in that kind of thankless middle ground...trying to make the prices work in a small town, while still keeping quality high. I wish them only success and we'll be back as long as they're here.

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night, only a few other patrons in the restaurant yet we waited a bit to be waited on. First time visit and always look for independantly owned restaurants vs chain.

The waitress did not seem to be very familiar with the menu options or their capabilities but perhaps she was new. I did request a special order which they gladly accommodated but it turned out to be far too greasy.

Kids spaghetti was a good portion size but my son didnt care much for it. My hisband loved the chicken parm and we all enjoyed the garlic bread.

My biggest complaint would be that it was so cold in there. If they turn up the heat we will give it another try.