“Great Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock River Pizza Co

Rock River Pizza Co
Ranked #48 of 67 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Watertown
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent pizza, but not very spacious. Can be a little loud. May want to get there early as space in the bar is limited. Staff was excellent. Great choice of pizzas.

• Visited January 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quality pizza and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been several times and have enjoyed it every time. The menu has a lot of unique items with an authentic Italian flair. I really like the pizza sauce as it is not sweet.
The prices are kind of high, but worth it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't rush me out of your place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Here is a note about Rock River Pizza: our family goes out for dinner every Friday. We go everywhere. It's a tradition that we enjoy. Going out for dinner is not just eating. We enjoy each other's company, we chat, we talk about our week, we make plans, we argue... it's family time. So we were at Rock River Pizza last Friday and had to deal with a waitress that was clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. After each one of us had eaten one slice of our pizza, she asked if we were still working on it. She was clearly ready to box our pizza. Ten minutes later, she interrupted again and wanted to take my plate, assuming I was done. She probably does not know how one places the silverware showing he/she is done. I should have told her that when I am in a hurry I go to a Fast Food place or I order take out. Anyway... My husband's pizza had pieces of plastic in it. Since we had added prosciutto to the Bianca pizza, she then told us that it was prosciutto... that she had "seen" prosciutto before and it had a white part on it. I was ready to scream! Really? She had "seen" prosciutto before? Oh, thanks for letting me know. What a helpful information. Speaking of prosciutto, there was barely any added. She told me it's because it's hidden by the cheese. Oh... Thanks for this other piece of helpful information. I guess this is just one more we cross off our list... It's not that their pizza is that awesome anyway... What is left? The Sake House and Amado's... "where everybody knows our name".

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adrihollenbeck
Watertown, Wisconsin, United States
“Not as good as it once was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

When they first opened we enjoyed several good meals here. Great pizza, service, the whole thing. Went last night though after not being here for several months and it was not a great experience. Yes, the pizza was still pretty good. However, we had a calamari appetizer that was the worst I have ever had. It came out as kind of one big clump of deep fried mess. I did point it out to the waitress and she really gave no response. The waitress was the other issue. She really seemed to want to get us fed and out as quickly as possible. We had half a pizza left and were visiting and eating...she asked if we were still working on it or could she box it up. She came back again as I was obviously still eating and asked to take my wife's plate and again if she could box up the remaining piece. We really felt rushed and although the pizza was pretty good, we might as well have just picked it up and taken it home as the dining in experience was not great.

This is certainly not the dining experience we have had previously so it may just have been this one server but you got the feeling they were kind of pushing other diners along also.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food was very good. The service can be slow and the prices are a little high for the area. But we always enjoy going there and recommend it.

Visited February 2014