“Gotta be a kid to like”

Green Meadows Petting Farm
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Waterford
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Okay, it is a petting zoo and I am a grandpa. I give the place a 5 on a scale of 1-10. My grandkids (ages 6-14) gave the place either a nine or a ten. In short, they loved it. They are the ones that I wanted to pleased. So mission accomplished.
To me, the place is overpriced. I paid the fee, the kids didn't. If you are beyond the third grade in school, you can't ride the ponies. (James Arness looks to be out of third grade and he rides a horse all the time!) Two of the kids thus couldn't ride the horses. They were, I was, disappointed. Solution: the place needs to get bigger horses or charge older kids less.
On the positive side, everyone loved being able to milk a real cow. The children also enjoyed the many small animals that they were able to pick up and hold. The help was also very freindly and helpful.
The day was hotter than blazes. They need to sell ice cream on such days. The restrooms also needed attention. On a hot day, you don't want to go to a bad restroom.
All in all, it is a nice place to take younger kids. If you are a grandparent, bring a book.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Loved the farm! Great experience, loving animals, and very well kept! Staff was very friendly. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great time was had by all of us. from Grandparents to 2 year old. very friendly staff and lots of things to play with when not petting the animals.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We try and stop annually, as the kids love the hands on with ALL the animals. The latest trip was for a birthday party and we had a great time. Staff are friendly and the kids love everything about this place.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Let me start my recapping their brochure: milk a cow, ride a pony, hug a goat, cuddle a kitten, hayride, hold a chicken, pet baby animals, pick a pumpkin.

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!

I love that they have limited hours..October was 10-3 m thru f. My kids (ages 3 and 4) ran for 4 hours straight! Also you can literally touch every animal and hold most including chickens, kittens, bunnies, ducks...total heaven!! Why would anyone EVER drive to milwaukee when this is in your back yard!!

Also tons of non animals things, music machine, 3 different play areas, corn table, car yard.

Bring a lunch and get there early!!